Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Will It Ever Cease Being Funny?
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
This is what happens when you work with an all-male team of auditors: You hear what should be a totally offensive/ inappropriate/ I-can-get-you-fired-for-saying-that joke. And you laugh. Because sadly, you find it funny too.

Now don't think that I encourage inappropriate behavior at work. I'm a pretty easy-going person, and I like to bring my sense of humor and outgoing personality to my jobs. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's jobs where everybody is so damn serious, it's like working with robots. I'm so not about that. But I know my limits. I conduct myself in a professional manner with my clients, whether in person, phone or email. With my team, I tend to be a tad more casual. I laugh with them, make fun of them, and let them make fun of me. It's the Daphne style of working.

Alright, we get it Daphne, now hurry up and tell the joke. Okay, I'm getting there. So every day around 3pm, my team and I go downstairs to get smoothies and mochas. We all place our orders and step aside to let the two ladies prepare our beverages (and by 'prepare' I mean they try to imitate Starbucks and write down shortcuts for our orders on the plastic clear cups, but still get confused with our orders anyway because they make it blended when I said over ice, add whip cream when I said no whip, etc.). While we're waiting, we always glance at the food/drinks sold in the little refrigerated section below the counter. Just your average stuff: fruit salad, yogurt parfaits, little desserts, Arizona Iced Tea, Vitamin Water, Monster Energy drink, and what's this?................


BAWLS.

A 10 ounce blue bottle of Bawls contains 66.7 milligrams of caffeine.

Bawls is a popular carbonated beverage made with guarana berries (Guarana is a natural source of caffeine found in the Amazonian rainforest), that hit the market in 1997.

You can't see the cap of the bottle, but it says "Fueled by Bawls."

To the makers of Bawls: Thank you for providing us a source of entertainment in our otherwise dull accounting lives. Because of your product's name, we can say things like....

  • Hey there's only two bottles. Someone must've wanted to drink some Bawls yesterday
  • Mmm.... I want some Bawls in my mouth
  • I want to drink every drop of those Bawls
  • We should get a 4 pack, because you can't have an uneven number of Bawls

I'm pretty confident that the makers of Bawls are turbo-uber geeks from gaming land. Who else would come up with an energy drink named Bawls? I also did a search in Google and I swear most of the images and references to Bawls came from places like hardwaremods.com, lanparty.com, geekday.com, you get the idea.

You'd think we'd get sick of saying these phrases over and over, but sadly we don't. I "LOL" every day when my manager says it. Then of course came that fateful day when he actually bought one of the bottles so I could try it. "Take one for the team Daphne and let us know how the Bawls taste."

So I did. I held that bottle (which by the way has a bumpy outer texture... mmm... bumpy Bawls....) and twisted the cap off. Cold, whispy white smoke started rising from the bottle (mmm... smokin Bawls....) and I quickly took a sip. Hmmm not bad, but not great either. Sorta like a sweeter/less carbonated version of Sprite. Followed by:
  • So, you like the taste of Bawls eh?
  • So Bawls taste sweet huh?
  • Dude, Daphne loves Bawls
I ended up draining the rest of it because it ended up tasting nasty when no longer cold. And that's the story of how I tasted Bawls. You'd think it wouldn't be funny anymore, but this joke has no expiration date in my book. I crack up every time my manager says Bawls jokes. If I were a better role model for my staff, I would hold in the laughter. But I can't, and I don't want to. I guess that's probably why this morning I received an email notifying me to do the firm's annual "Preventing Harrassment in the Workplace" training module.


Labels: ,

posted by Daphne @ 10:25 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7:05 AM, Blogger Dev said…

    Oh, that is hilarious!!!! And no, I don't think it will ever cease being funny.

    Maybe you should bring some Bawls to your harassment training :-)

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Rowena said…

    LMBO LMBO LMBO! That is so frickin' hilarious...You should buy a case and pass them out at work, all the while saying, "Blue Bawls, Blue Bawls, come and get your Blue Bawls!" LOL..

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Kyla Armstrong said…

    I was just going to ask if anyone noticed that the Bawls are blue:)

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Hey Dev. I noticed you are in accounting too. Sad that the Bawls are what keeps us accountants entertained through the day.

    Rowena/Mormy - oh that's RIGHT! I never thought about BLUE Bawls. See? Bawls works on so many levels.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned