Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Last Halloween Story and the Crushes are Back!
Thursday, November 01, 2007
So last night was the third and final Halloween party I went to this year. I got the invite from a boss at work and even though there was no alcohol (my boss is a LDS), I knew a bunch of coworkers would be there, so I figured sure, why not?

I wore my peacock costume again. Might as well use it up since I might be too fat to fit in it next year. The party was a bit dull at first, since I got there so early and the only people there were married couples and their babies. But since my coworkers were there I was still enjoying myself. The place was well decorated, there were lights, a fog machine, a DJ, and lots of goodies to eat.

I think after about an hour the party shifted gears and the older married couples were replaced with younger people. The dance floor started filling up and you know I got my groove on, especially to Thriller. At one point I asked my coworker Will, and his wife Mormishmom, "So can you find out who the single guys are?" Of course I was being half serious when I said that, but shortly after I said that, a group of maybe two girls and like four guys walked in. Lemme tell ya, some of those guys were cute. Will of course, notices right away and points out the group of guys coming in. One particular guy caught my eye because he was wearing a bright orange astronaut costume. OMG, guess who Mr. Astronaut was? None other than Rob.


For those of you new to reading my blog, Rob is basically this LDS guy I had a crush on this summer. I got over it since 1) the last time he invited me to a function, he ditched me the entire night 2) He would always invite me to Church activities, and never anything outside of it 3) It just can never be since he's an LDS and I'm Catholic

So anyway, we both saw each other and were shocked. It just never occurred to me that he would be there, even though my boss is a LDS. I greeted him and of course started rambling like I always do. Then I quickly turned to Will and my other coworker John and said "Quick, keep talking to me so I don't look like a loser in front of Rob. I need to pretend I'm popular." Yes, I actually said those words.

As I'm talking to Will, John turns to me and says "Dude, Daphne. That guy keeps looking over his shoulder and glancing at you." Will nodded in agreement and added "Yah, he's checkin you out."

Ohhhhh HECK YAH! I am not gonna lie, people. I was lovin it. LOVE. ING. IT. After that last event where Rob blew me off, I was totally relishing this ego boost moment. So from then on I was having a blast... dancing the night away and talking to random people. Finally I went over to Rob and he said it was a "pleasant surprise to see me," shortly followed by "So, what are you doing next weekend or the weekend after that?" I told him I was busy. He wasted no time with his next follow up question... "Or do you want to come see me give a talk at my church in three weeks?" Ummm, no thanks. Ugh, he just doesn't get it.

So yah, the party was a blast and I would've stayed longer but eventually the cops came to shut the party down since neighbors were complaining. I said goodbye to my boss and a quick "Good seeing ya, take care" to Rob. Hah! Let that stir around in his brain for a bit. Daphne the tempting yet forbidden fruit. I love it.

And speaking of tempting yet forbidden, guess who I also just saw tonight at mass? That's right. Church crush Charlie! Oh thank you Jesus. It's been over 3 months since I last saw him at mass. And to think I almost forgot it was All Saints Day (holy day of obligation). Thank you mother for calling me at work and reminding me to go. And I'm so glad that I had a few minutes to swing by home and freshen up. I wasn't lookin too hot today after last night's Halloween escapades, so I changed my outfit, fixed my hair, and reapplied makeup. When I got to the church, it was packed but I spotted my mom and dad and a space next to mom. Well I didn't realize until later in mass that Charlie, his mom, and his younger brother were sitting behind me. Oh boy, thank goodness my skin tone is darker, otherwise you woulda seen me blushing brighter than a tomato.


Even months later, he still looks good. Holy dang, you better believe I was praying hard at mass, mostly saying "Thank you Lord!" over and over in my head. Ahhh, I'm such a freak.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Daphne @ 3:20 PM  
11 Comments:
  • At 5:36 AM, Blogger nath said…

    Sounds like you had more fun to this one :P I guess it was more in your comfort zone :) You really look cute in that costum :)

    and LOL :) good for you about Rob :)and also about seeing your church crush :)

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Kat said…

    The novena seems to be working well, then? ;-)

    I remember church crushes. My favourite part of the Mass would be when we had to make the sign of peace. I still remember the blushing, the smiling, the heart beating!!! And an entire night of thinking, "OMG, he held my hand!" *lol*

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Nath - thanks. and yes, it was more in my comfort zone.

    kat o - i totally know what you mean, don't you just love sign of peace? that's the ONLY time i've spoken to Charlie.. when we shook hands and said peace. and of course i was all shy and blushing. ahh, good times!

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    That's awesome you got to see church crush. :)

    Too funny about the cops breaking up the party though.

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Long ago in a place far, far away I lived and went to a new church all by myself. I would call my Mom and lament my single status and not know how to meet guys other than in a bar. My mother would tell me that you don't meet the best men in bars...you meet them in church. So each week she'd ask...who'd you meet in church?

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Hey Rosie. You're right, which is why I don't go to bars. But I should check out other churches, because I swear there's only old people at my church.

    So is that where you met your hubby?

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Kyla Armstrong said…

    Aren't we so cute??? LOL

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Daph, no I met GG through a co-worker. He was actually a client of the company I worked for but dealt with another department. BTW, we didn't hit it off the first time we met, but he really charmed me the second time.

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Hey mormy. Yes, we ARE cute. hehe.

    Rosie, that is so cute. gosh, you're a lucky woman.

     
  • At 4:28 AM, Blogger vintage clothing said…

    good place if you want a pc cooling for a sleeved pc cable

    https://madoffers.co.uk/

     
  • At 4:30 AM, Blogger vintage clothing said…

Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned