Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

New Client, New Costume, New Experience
Monday, October 22, 2007
Sorry I haven't updated in awhile. I've been uber swamped at work, mainly due to a new assignment for me. I've pretty much revamped my entire schedule, replacing three of my clients with one big client. It's pretty exciting and scary at the same time. But so far I like it and I know it'll be good for my career. So that's the short of why I've been missing.


Anyway, this weekend I picked up my Halloween costume. After several years of not dressing up, this year I said to myself "Dammit, I'm dressing up and I'm gonna go to a party for once!" Sure enough, I just recently got invites for three different parties (one being with Holly in Arizona) so it pretty much forced me to go costume shopping this weekend. Here's what I got...

Now I wanna note a couple of things. 1) The Halloween costume store was super packed and I seriously didn't spend more than 15 minutes in there. So once I grabbed this one, I pretty much didn't wanna bother searching anymore. 2) The front of the package said the model in this pic was 5'3" and I'm 4'11" So I figured, okay it looks kinda short on her, but maybe it will cover more of me when I put it on. 3) Small/medium is sadly no longer my size. This is what I ended up buying but I swear this costume is so tight I can barely breathe. Or is it supposed to be that way?

So I tried it on when I got home, and I swear the thing barely covers my butt. If it weren't for the peacock part in the back, I swear I would feel so naked and self conscious. I might have to wear bloomers underneath (bloomers are what we called the black bottom underwear thing back when I was in colorguard in high school). And the top corset part? OMG I can barely breathe it's so tight. And so low cut. Aww man, why didn't I just go for the Alice in Wonderland costume? Oh well, there you have it, my costume.

On another random topic, I went to Disneyland yesterday and let me tell you, it was not fun. Never ever go to Disneyland when it's windy. It sucks. I spent half the day walking around like a blind man because I kept getting leaves and debris in my eyes. Apparently there was a fire somewhere in Orange County because I could smell the smoke in the air. When I went home to shower last night, I rubbed a Q-tip in my ear and when I looked at it, all this black sooty stuff was on it. Gross! So yah, that was an interesting experience, but now I've learned my lesson.

Labels: , ,

posted by Daphne @ 9:28 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    The OC fire is up in the Santiago Canyon area - near Silverado. And we just got word this morning that it was started by some a$$hole arsonist.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Daphne said…

    An arsonist? Man that sucks. I can't believe some people.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Daphne, I'll bet your small/medium is a kids small/medium. There is no way an adult small/medium could be that tight on you. I'm just sayin'...

    I woke up to a fire in the mountains outside my back window. Since I don't work on Mondays I called the dept to ask what was going on. We have no immediate danger in our area, but it looks nasty and scary since the wind is blowing. They suspect arsonists for this fire too.

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    That's a cute costume! Have fun at all your parties!

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger nath said…

    hey Daphne, that is a cute costum!! Can't you return it and get the right size?

    and hope you'll all be safe from the fire.

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Rosie - Well if it's a kid's costume, then dang, that's pretty skanky for kids. LOL

    I'm watching the fires on the news and I hope everyone out there is safe!

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger ~ames~ said…

    Congrats on the one big client. :P

    And that's pretty scary about all the fires. :(

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned