Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Lover Unbound Review
Monday, October 08, 2007

So I finally finished this weekend. I gotta say, it wasn't THAT bad. I'll explain in a minute. But first, let me get to the obvious bad stuff... Vishous storyline. I can't go further without spoiling anything, so stop reading if you don't want to hear spoilers.

In Lover Revealed we saw hints of V possibly being gay or bi or just straight up confused. Here we pretty much confirm it... not only is he in love with Butch, but he straight up admits he wanted Butch physically. *ahem* And I quote...

As V ignored the jab, he found himself focusing on Butch's lips. In a very quiet voice, he said, "You know... I totally wanted to have sex with you."
"I know." Butch's head twisted around, and their eyes met. "Past tense now, huh."


Well, spit. That pretty much seals the deal right there. Now here's the thing. I'm not bothered by the fact that V said that, or feels that way about Butch. What bothers me is that we're then supposed to believe that he just got over these feelings because of Dr. Jane Whitcomb? I really don't think so.


While I don't have anything against Jane, I just didn't feel the chemistry between her and V considering a) she's described as manly looking *gag* b) she thought V and Butch were lovers, and what? she just brushed that aside? *rolls eyes* c) her retarded oatmeal story didn't seem comparable to his story, so I don't know see how that 'connected them' *rolls eyes again* d) it was hard for me to believe she didn't have any problems with V's dom-style sex


So basically, I was pretty meh about V's storyline, and I'm sure everyone else has beat that gay/bi/Butch thing to death, so that's all I'm going to say. Some other quick things I didn't like about the book: 1) Wrath again being totally useless and not helping anyone out. I swear all the guy ever does is call meetings together, where he takes off his wraparounds and massages his temples because he's frustrated. 2) Z seems kinda different than how he was in his book. I can't put my finger on it, but it's just in the way he's sorta become a father figure to John and how whipped he is by Bella. *shrug* 3) John bitchin about 'when am I going to go through my transition?' and then finally does, but still acts like a freakin pussy. I swear his storyline is partially what kept me reading only to find that I'm still frustrated with him.


Let's get to what I did like about the book. First, I liked that there was no stupid Mr. X storyline crap. I usually skip those parts so I'm glad I didn't have to read that. Second, I really like Phury's storyline. I'm upset with him that he caved in and experienced his first with a prostitute, but at least he pulled out. Hah! The one thing I'm afraid of though, is that it's sorta becoming a theme of JRW.... to introduce her characters as being in love with someone else, then giving him/her their own story and forcing us to believe he/she now loves someone else. Let's recap for a sec.... Marissa loves Wrath, now she loves Butch. Butch loves Marissa but drinks V's blood and knows V loves him but apparently doesn't care. V loves Butch, now he loves Jane. Phury loves Bella, then he'll love Cormia. Hmmmm.. I see a pattern here. Why don't we all just have one big orgy and drink each other's blood? *sigh*


So there you have it. Sorry I'm all over the place with my thoughts, but just had to jot them down before I move on with my life and forget this book completely. Again, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, only because for some weird reason, despite everything, I still like V. Go check it out for yourself. I'm giving this one a 3 out of 5.

Labels: ,

posted by Daphne @ 6:02 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Isabel said…

    Are you going to continue with the series?

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    yah sure, why not? i like it even if it's corny. it's a barrel of laughs.

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Okay, you know I have to ask...the whole ghost thing didn't make you roll your eyes? And I'm with you on Jane not seeming like the type to be okay with V's sexual preferences.

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Rowena said…

    Loved reading your thoughts on this book...hehe. You crack me up sweets!

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Rosie! OMG I totally missed that point. I HATED that ghost thing. It was like..hmm let's see how can I make the heroine/human live forever with the vampire without repeating Mary/Rhage's story? I know... I'll make her a ghost. OMG so gay.

    Thanks for reminding me.

    Rowena - go read it. I wanna know your thoughts. Oh wait, have you even read Lover Revealed?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned