Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

SoCal Blog Meet
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Saturday Rowena and I drove to Victoria Gardens to meet up with Holly, Rosie, Wendy, Lori and Nicole. I already know Holly Wena, but this was the first time I met the other girls. We met up at Borders and most of us bought the new Lisa Kleypas, Mine Till Midnight. Then we headed over to Cheesecake Factory for lunch. This isn't the first time I've met "online friends" in person, but it still amazes me (in a good way) how books can bring different people together.

We talked briefly about our lives and of course, about books. I think my favorite conversations were 1) Rosie's Lover Unbound rant, which I now want to read simply because I want to see for myself how lame the book is 2) Wendy's rant on The Dark Highlander. I swear the look on Wena's face when Wendy said she didn't like the hero of Dark Highlander, Dageus, was priceless. Although, I was surprised too. I mean, how can you not like Dageus? Haha. Sorry, off topic I know. Anyway, after lunch we headed over to Nicole's van to check out the collection of books the girls brought. Sadly, I left my stack of books I was going to bring (including Wena's cookbook that I keep forgetting to send her) and I feel so awful that I forgot. Not that my collection is any good, but you never know if you have that one book someone needs. So sorry girls, I'll try to remember next time.

After our meet up, Wena, Holly and I went to Jamba Juice since we were all thirsty and had a long drive ahead of us back to Holly's place. Not that it's a big deal or anything, but this was the first time Holly tried Jamba Juice. Can you believe that? I know Wena and I couldn't. So then we got to see Holly's new SUV, and I'm so jealous because it's new and shiny and is way cooler than my car. We drove back to Holly's place for our girls' night slumber party. I reallly wanted to take a nap, but I started looking at her book collection again, and by then the other guests arrived. So it was me, Holly, Wena, Holly's sister, mom, grandma, and soon-to-be sister-in-law. We had a wonderful Italian dinner of spaghetti, italian sausage, garlic bread, and Spumoni ice cream for dessert. That was the first time I met Holly's grandma, and I seriously love that woman. She busted out the Rummikub and we played that game for hours. I started getting tired because I'm weaksauce like that and my contacts started drying out. So I wasn't able to stay up later and play drinking games with the girls. Oh well, I still had a great time. Honestly, those are the kinds of evenings I enjoy, just hanging out at a friend's house, playing board games and chatting. I'm so not about making a big production of hanging out. I like to go out every now and then, but it's so much more relaxing to be at a friend's house, in comfy clothes, with music and good food.

I also want to add that Wena and I listened to my Hairspray CD like ten million times, which is fine by me. I had a fab weekend so thank you gals!

Labels: ,

posted by Daphne @ 9:10 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    Aww, I had a great time this weekend and I'm so glad you and Ween came. I love it that y'all come and hang out with me, but don't feel like you have to make a big production of it. Just friends, chillin and being silly. That's the good stuff in life.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    I stand by my Dark Highlander rant, but I came to terms a long, long time ago that I'm in the minority when it comes to that book.

    Only two more weeks until Bloodfever!

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    Wendy, did you see Bloodfever is listed at $32.95 on Amazon? I'm SOOO not paying over 30 bucks for a book.

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Holly:
    My first thought was that you pulled up the Large Print version, but looking at Amazon, I don't see a LP edition. Hmmm, do a search on this ISBN, 038533916X. It will bring up the regular print version which is retailing at $22 and Amazon is selling for around $15.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    Holly has never had jamba juice. That is just crazy talk right there. What flavor did you have? LOOOOOVE peach pleasure.

    Sounds like you ladies had fun and I hate you all. :)

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Woohoo! Yah, I had a blast guys.

    Wendy, thanks for the info on Bloodfever. Not that I woulda paid the $33 or however much it was (Holly got that info from me when I forwarded my amazon email with that price) but still, it made me mad thinking it was that expensive.

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    Wendy,
    It was 39.95 and that was for the audio book. No wonder it was so expensive. My bad, sorry.

    I don't remember what kind of JJ I had. Girls?

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Holly has been deprived! And there are several yummy drinks made with fruit and non-fat yogurt that would work on your diet.

    Whew! I dropped my jaw when I saw the BLOODFEVER price. Glad that got straightened out because I gotta know what happens next.

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger nath said…

    hey Daphne :D

    Glad to hear you had fun :D Sounds like you had a great time and just relaxing and chilling out with friends and playing some games it the best :)

    and LOL, Holly... 32.95$, for a moment, I thought maybe that you were at Amazon.ca :P that's about the Canadian price... and now, with the CDN$ so high... yeah, I'm not paying over 30$ either for a book :P

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned