Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Wednesday, September 19, 2007

So Doug's (my brother) birthday is coming up in October. I was originally going to get us Rascal Flatts concert tickets since we had a blast going last year, but unfortunately I was in Atlanta last week when they had their concert. I got an evite the other day from a coworker of mine, inviting a bunch of work people to the USC vs Stanford football game on October 6th. It would cost roughly $60 a person, including ticket, donation for the tailgate food, and parking.


I figured this would make a great birthday present for Doug, since he's always wanted to go to a USC game. His college unfortunately didn't have a football team, so he's never experienced the joys of college football-get-wasted-at-the-tailgate-before-the-game fun. Neither of us have been to a pro football game either, since LA doesn't have a pro team. So I left Doug a message telling him to keep Oct. 6th clear on his calendar because I was taking him to the game for his birthday.


Well, he just messaged me:


Doug: "Hey so are you just buying those tickets just for us?"


Me: "Well, I'm getting them through a coworker who is organizing a big tailgate and has a block of about 50 tickets."


Doug: "Oh. Well I was wondering if I can bring my girlfriend."


Yah, okay. Honestly, I'm upset. I mean, ever since Doug moved out 2 months ago with his gf, I haven't had any brother sister time with him. He hasn't even invited me over to see his new place! That is so wrong. I really just wanted this to be me and him. I know for a FACT that his gf doesn't like football, and she could probably care less about USC. I'm starting to wonder if he would've invited her to the Rascal Flatts concert too, even though I know she has no idea who they are.


So me of course, being the chicken that I am, said "Well, I don't mind if she goes, but I'm sorta buying these tickets as your birthday present, so would you mind paying for her then?" He said fine.


Okay, so much for that. I was hoping he'd say Oh nevermind then. Wishful thinking on my part. Seriously though, is it too much to ask that I get to hang out with my brother once in awhile? Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike her, but I do dislike them together sometimes. For one thing they're too PDA, and I just don't like that she's become the center of his universe. Not cool man, not cool.


Do you think I'm just being selfish? I probably am. I mean, it's HIS birthday not mine, and if he wants her there, then I should understand right? Yah, I guess it's one thing to say it but another to really mean it. Which I don't. LOL

Labels: , , ,

posted by Daphne @ 3:16 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Isabel said…

    You should have told him you already bought the tickets and she was SOL. That's what I would've done.

    Have you talked to him about this Daph? Maybe he'll not bring her once he knows what you're feeling.

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Holly said…

    I don't think you're being selfish at all. I've had similar issues in the past with my brother. Once I explained how I felt, he did his best to be understanding. Maybe you should say the same to your bother.

    "I invited you for your birthday and wanted only B/S time. Can we exclude your gf just this one?" That might work.

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Haha Isabel. Yah, I was considering telling him something like... "Oh darn, I tried but only managed to get two tickets. Seats are limited ya know."

    Holly ~ Yah I remember that a few months ago, about your bro coming back and not visiting you. It kinda sucks, when you're that close to your siblings, and they don't visit you when they're 10 minutes away.

    My brother said that his gf wasn't interested in football so she wasn't going. However, today she "changed her mind." *sigh*

     
  • At 5:07 AM, Blogger nath said…

    I agree with Holly and Isabel... just tell him that you want to spend some time with him... he'll probably understand :D

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned