Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Back from Atlanta
Sunday, September 16, 2007
It's good to be back. Well, sort of. I'm glad to be back to the less humid climate and glad to see my family again. I'm not really prepared to face the flood of work and emails I'll be catching up on this week. I tried to check my work emails a few times, just so it would'n't overwhelm me Monday morning. However, it's Sunday night and I know I should check agian, but meh, I'm feeling really lazy right now. Not a good thing considering I have a conference call first thing in the morning and have no idea what I'm going to say.

So to sum up my vacation, I had a blast. I didn't do as many activities as last year, but I'm actually glad it ended up being that way. Sometimes you cram so much into a vacation, that it ends up being more tiring/stressful than just relaxing at home doing nothing. So there was plenty of down time in this trip, and believe it or not, I actually was able to finish 6 books this past week. Not bad huh? Here's my list of reads for the week:

  1. All American Girl by Meg Cabot
  2. Ready or Not by Meg Cabot
  3. Brazen by Maya Banks
  4. See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson (a reread)
  5. She Did a Bad, Bad Thing by Stephanie Bond
  6. The Long Hard Ride by Loralei James
Okay, so two of these books were cookbooks, and number 5 is one of those thin Harlequinn series books, but still, I think 6 is a decent number for a week.

Anyway, here's some of the places we went on our vacation: Braves Game Saturday night. They won the game, but we had already left after the 7th inning. I was just there to scarf down on hot dogs and fries. Sunday we went to church in the morning, and met a filipino couple (around my parents' age) who joined us for breakfast, and gave us some pointers on where to go. They got along well with my parents and we ended up having dinner with them Monday night. We also went to the World of Coca Cola. You'd think that would only take about 2 hours, but we were there for a long time. There was a lot to see and we spent over an hour at the gift shop, trying to figure out what to bring home to friends/coworkers. That night we had dinner with my friend Patti, and her husband Adam, at the Atlanta fish market. It's very similar to McCormick's and I ate way too much as usual. I was worried Patti and Adam wouldn't have much to say to my parents, since they (my parents) are more conservative than most people I know. It ended up being great though, and my parents now adore those two, saying they are a "beautiful couple."

Tuesday I went to Patti's and we had a tea party for lunch after picking the girls up from school. I've never been to one of these, and it was awesome. We got to dress up in girly furs and hats, and drink tea and eat scones and mini sandwiches. I'm going to google this some day and see if we have any around my area. We also went to a fondue place one night for dessert. We basically had 3 lbs of fruit per person, and it was insane. I've never had so much fruit in one sitting in my life. What's worse, is that it's about $25 per person, so you basically HAVE to stuff your face with fruit until you feel like it was worth the money.

Then to top it off, the owner of the place came to our table, and proceeded to tell us the whole history of chocolate. He was a nice guy at first, resembling Colonel Sanders, but then he just got... creepy. He kept saying I was his new girlfriend, and I should move to Atlanta to be closer to him. He then said if he were to get married again, he would marry an asian. Ok, red flag. Can we say old man pervert? Eww. I just laughed it out, even though I thought it was kinda creepy. I should've known he was creepy, the dude has live alligators in his fondue restaurant.

I didn't get to see Patti's new boat, but anyway the weather wasn't so great for that either. It kept raining every hour or so, but it would still be humid, and there were many cloudy days. In addition, Patti got sick and lost her voice by Friday, and I felt bad that she was even trying to entertain me when I knew she probably just wanted to be resting at home. Thursday night we went to the Punchline, a comedy club in Atlanta. The headliner was Bill Burr, and he was hilarious. Patti and I had a good time, despite the waitress spilling beer all over this guy next to me and getting some on my back and hair.

Friday, my parents picked me up from Patti's (they went to Alabama the day before) and we went to the CNN building and took a tour there. To my surprise, it wasn't boring at all. We then ate at a Cracker Barrel (they don't have these in California). I love southern food, but man, eating it for an entire week for both breakfast/brunch and dinner must've made me gain 5 lbs.

I had a fabulous time, and I'm really considering moving to Georgia. Not now, but maybe in two years, we'll see where I am in my career and what my options are.



Labels: , ,

posted by Daphne @ 10:05 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 5:25 AM, Blogger nath said…

    hi Daphne :D

    looked like you have a nice time and that you enjoyed it :D that plate of fruits look really, really good! LOL :P

     
  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger Isabel said…

    Welcome back. Glad you had so much fun! Sorry about creepy guy. lol. The fruit plate looks really good.

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger ~ames~ said…

    Glad you had fun and hopefully work didn't get your ass today. :P

    I read For her Pleasure by Maya Banks this weekend. What did you think of brazen?

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Hi Nath. Yah, the fruit platter was ridiculous, by the end it didn't even look like we put a dent in it.

    Isabel ~ Thanks, I'm glad to be back in blog land.

    Ames ~ Hey there. I actually thought Brazen was pretty good, storywise. It was different for a change, but the sex doesn't really kick in right away. So if you're patient, it's pretty good, if not then you might be disappointed.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned