Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Yee haw
Thursday, August 23, 2007

So last night was the first time I went country line dancing. Went with two of my coworkers, Amanda and Janelle. It was a pretty long drive for us, about 40 miles from work. I know you're thinking "isn't there some place closer?" and yes, you're right. There are closer places, but we went to this particular one because we had heard it was opening night. Plus our local country music station morning DJ was going to be there. I figured cool, we might get free prizes and such.


We arrived there and fortunately for me, the dancers were doing the electric slide. This is probably the most basic line dances I can do, I mean.. come on... it's electric! We do this all the time at weddings, cheesy birthday parties, new years eve. You get my drift. So it was a good way to shake off my first-time dancing fears.


After the first dance we went to the bar to get a drink, sit down and watch the other dancers two-step. I was the DD for the night, so I only ordered a sprite. I was sitting down with Amanda, watching Janelle smile politely at the old man twirling her on the dance floor to a pace not matching the beat, when all of a sudden the waitress came up to me. "There's a man sitting at the bar over there who wants to buy you a drink. What would you like?" I blink a few times, then finally point to myself and say "Who ME?" I mean, I was seriously shocked because a) I thought that only happens in movies b) If anything, I would think Amanda would get the offer since she's way prettier/stylish than me. So, I'll admit. It felt good. I was like WOW this is crazy. But what was I going to say if I wasn't really drinking that night? Do I just say, sure I'll have another sprite? Hmmm. So I told the waitress to tell the guy thank you for the offer, but that I wasn't drinking tonight (and I still had a full glass of soda). She left to deliver the message, and meanwhile I felt a little paranoid from then on. Like every time I would get back on the dance floor I thought, oh gosh is he watching? who is it? is he cute?


There were some serious hotties there, but sadly the only ones on the dance floor were the older folks. One guy, who I nicknamed Tall Boy, was like 6'10" and holy momma he was fiiiiine. Anyway, after another session of fast-paced line dances that I failed to pick up, I finally flagged down the waitress again and asked who the drink guy was. She had an "I'm sorry" look to her as she told me it was a guy who looked to be in his 50's. Okay, I'm not trying to offend anyone, but that's like my dad's age and I'm sorry, but that is just NOT okay with me. Yuck. So whatever, I still had a good time, watching Janelle and Amanda ride the mechanical bull, and we got to see our favorite morning radio DJ. I noticed he had no ring on his finger, and I'm slightly obsessed with him now. I mean, the guy can dance, and he actually stood next to me during one of the line dances. I was a little nervous but he is so fun and easy going.


Old man ended up approaching me and revealing his identity. He gave me some compliments and I politely said thank you. But once he started asking "where do you live?" and "can we exchange numbers?" I was like... ummmmm no. Haha. Dangit... why can't I ever get a normal, young, good looking man to hit on me? I swear, I'm a weirdo magnet. Despite all that, I had a blast and I'm sure I'll be adding country line dancing in addition to my swing dancing routine.

Labels: ,

posted by Daphne @ 10:01 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Sunshine said…

    I hear ya I think I've had 1 guy my age hit on me in the last five years! The rest are all old enough to be my dad! DAM IT anyhow!

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    why can't I ever get a normal, young, good looking man to hit on me?

    You did, remember? Then you squeaked out, "MM, save me" and the rest is history. You need some game, babe. LOL

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Haha, you said it Sunshine. I don't know whether we should be flattered or not.

    Holly ~ Oh you hush. =P

    That guy was so not normal. He was probably a gangsta... Yamean! But yes, I do need game.

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    LMAO!!!! That's right I forgot all about the MM come save comment. LOL

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Izzy, whose side are you on?!

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger Teena in Toronto said…

    My sister and I took a line dancing course about ten years ago. It lasted for about 12 weeks. It was a hoot!

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Rowena said…

    LOL, this girl...you attract the most random guys, haha...but you're still a little hottie, and there's always...Dirty Boy Adam! LOL...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned