Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

13 things I want to avoid on this Vegas trip
Thursday, July 26, 2007



1. Working. Yes, I'm bringing my work laptop with me, but it's only so I don't get overwhelmed with emails when I return. I will be swamped come Monday on a new client, so I better not be disturbed until then. *crossing fingers*

2. Buffets. They were fun when I was younger, but seriously I've lost the desire to eat at buffets. I always feel like crap after I eat, I most definitely have to visit the toilet more than once, and it's expensive. I'd rather eat at a nicer steak place or something. Let's face it, eating pizza, crab legs, crepes, chinese noodles, and prime rib all in one sitting just can't be good for ya.

3. Crowded pools. Hah, wishful thinking I know. I don't even want to get in my bathing suit, but it's about time I even out my tan and lay out by the pool with a good book.

4. Seeing someone I know. Especially from high school. I can't stand that. My best friend ran into a semi-archnemesis of mine from HS at some club in Vegas last week, and they both pretended not to know each other. Awkward.

5. Cab rides. I really hope I'll be able to either walk wherever we're going or we can take the cars. I really don't want to have to pay those cab fares.

6. No game plan. We're going for my cousin's 21st birthday, and it's a combination of his work friends and us (the cousins). I hope we're not going to spend the entire weekend "winging it" because it drives me batty when nobody decides things and I end up eating dinner at 10pm.

7. Ghetto places. Now I know this is going to make me sound like a snob, but most of my cousin's coworkers are pretty ghetto. They would probably be content with eating McDonalds every meal. Hell no, that it so not happening. I can be pretty cheap at times, but when you go to Vegas, you really can't be stingy about every thing. We've been planning this trip for like 2 years now, and if you haven't saved enough money by now, sorry. I'm gonna be mad if we eat junk all weekend and I'm determined to go to some nice places.

8. Getting drunk/throwing up. That's never fun. And it's not very attractive too. Two drinks and I'm done.

9. Cell phone dying. I broke my home charger so all I have is my car charger. It's fully charged right now but hopefully won't die on me during the weekend. I'll end up sitting in the parking garage in my cousin's car waiting for the dang phone to charge again.

10. Sleeping before midnight. Seriously. I am notorious for being such a granny even in Vegas. I know my cousins will kill me if I pull a granny on them and fall asleep before the night is just beginning (for them anyway). I'll just try to take a big nap around...8pm. Hah!

11. Getting annoyed with my brother. My brother can be a total snob about Vegas (he acts like he's the Vegas king) and he already told me that if things start to get lame, he and his gf are gonna break from the group and do their own thing. Okay, that's just not cool. This is our cousin's birthday celebration, and even though his friends aren't our close friends, we should be respectful. I swear, he better not get on my nerves.

12. My period. Due to my higher levels of stress with taking the exam, I think it's another off month for me, and I really hope that I don't get cramps. Oh period, please just don't come.

13. Being ditched at the strip club, then going to Venetian at 3am lookin toe up and having to accompany your friend's sister who decides to go up to some random stranger's presidential suite. *sigh* LOL, that one's for you Holly.





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels:

posted by Daphne @ 4:59 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    You know Aunt Flo likes to party crash. Hopefully she won't appear. Have fun!

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Holly said…

    LMAO @ #13. I wondered if it would make an appearance. But you know, #13 totally negates #10, because we both know you CAN be awake until 6 in the morning..I have the pics to prove it. LOL

    I'm with you on all the rest, though. Hope you have a fabulous time..and dammit, how did your test go??

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Rowena said…

    hehe...you're going to have a good time in Vegas, Daph..no worries, just don't be daft, kay??? LOL, just kidding.

    HAVE FUN AND TAKE PICS!!!

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Teena in Toronto said…

    I've never been to Vegas! Pleez take me!

    Thanks for the visit!

    My TT13 is up too.

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Angela said…

    OOOOH!

    Vegas sounds so fun!

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Izzy ~ no Aunt Flo didn't come over the weekend but she did today. Dammit.

    Holly ~ My test went well thanks. And you so do not have pics. I burned them all.

    Rowena ~ Hey girl. I'll put up pics once I get them.

    Teena ~ Haha, maybe next time yah? Won't be the first time I went to Vegas to meet up with people I don't know. Hah!

    Angela ~ Hi there thanks for stopping by. Vegas is fun, but it's not the greatest thing ever. It gets old after awhile.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned