Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Studying Distractions and the end of my Chronicles of a Crush
Saturday, July 14, 2007
My next CPA exam is in two weeks. That's not much time people. I took an entire week off work to get more time to study because I refuse to walk into this exam knowing I didn't try my best. Knowing my own weakness, I've tried to stay away from home, in order to discipline myself and resist the temptation of taking "study breaks" (aka naps). This is how my study routine has been like during this last week: Morning - Since I'm a morning person my brain feels energized. I can tackle a ton of multiple choice questions during this time, since I'm wide awake. It also helps that everyone in the house has left for work. Afternoon - Now it's starting to get hot in my house. Even with the AC on, my laptop makes my desk really hot and the sun is blaring through my window. It's time to head to the library. I eat lunch then study at the library until about dinner time. Evening - After eating dinner and checking emails/playing on the internet, I get back into gear and study from about 9pm till 11pm.

Not a bad study schedule, I'd say. However, yesterday, nothing seemed to go according to plan. I had to pass by the office in the morning to do work related things, so that pretty much cancelled my morning studying. After lunch I headed over to the library. Upon setting up my area with my laptop, study materials, I realized that I forgot to bring my powercord. Crap, this now reduced my multiple choice question time to about 2 hours (the time my laptop battery usually dies on me). I try to slam through as many questions as I can, when all of a sudden I hear snoring. Incredibly loud snoring. I turn around and some old man is sitting in one of the big comfy chairs in the library, obviously in a deep slumber as indicated by the snoring.

I try to tune out the sound around me by putting on my headphones and playing some mellow music on my laptop. After another successful 10 minutes of answering questions I look up to see an old man searching for a book in the shelves in front of me. Okay, I really don't mean to offend, but the guy was a hunchback! Full on Quasi-Modo hunchback. I could not stop staring, and I know that sounds mean, but it's not every day I see that. Doesn't matter anyway, at this point my laptop died on me.

Later that evening I was studying again in my room when my phone rings around 10:30pm. I answer it and well whaddya know.... it's Rob my crush. I haven't really heard from him for a few weeks; the last time I saw him was at this BBQ he invited me to but ended up ditching me the entire night. I didn't blog about that night but that's pretty much the gist of it. So he's calling me from his car asking how I am, etc. After some small talk he then goes "So I wanted to let you know, that I'm giving a 15 minute presentation/talk at my church on Sunday and this might be a good time for you to come check it out and see me give my talk."

There it is people. I was wondering when I would get the church invite. In all honesty, I'm really not surprised, and I can't blame the guy for asking. For someone like him who is so involved with his church, naturally he wants to spread the message and reach out to others. Fair enough. I told him that I couldn't make it because of my swing dance class (which is totally true btw). Even if I was available, I probably would've thanked him for the invite but still said I wasn't interested. Besides, he said his topic was about the temple and asking yourself if you feel worthy to enter. Mmmkay. I don't think that would even apply to me in any way. Of course I'm not worthy to enter, I'm not a member of your church.

After that, he said his cell phone was dying and he left his car charger out of state while on vacation. I said "Okay, good luck then with your talk. Have a good weekend." That's pretty much it. You know, this may be the end of this crush, but I'm hoping it's not the end of our friendship (if you could even call it that). I really really hope that all this time, he's been thinking of me as a friend, as opposed to him being friendly in order to invite me to church. I'm moving on now, cross your fingers for me.

Labels: ,

posted by Daphne @ 9:17 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    Quasi-Modo!! lol. Well at least you got some studying done.

    Sucks that your crush is ending but hopefully you guys will stay friends.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Kyla Armstrong said…

    Girl, I know he wasn't just hanging out with you to convert you! Please;) He likes you and he invited you to share a part of his life that is very important to him. I'm sorry the crush is ending, but I agree you should stay friends. Good luck on the CPA exam!

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Haha yah you're probably right Mormy.. but still... I'd rather be friends at this point. I can have cute friends can't I?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned