Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
I don't do movie reviews too often, but I wanted to get all my thoughts on this one written since I just saw it this morning. First of all, I'm going to start by saying, I loved this movie. I thought it was true to the emotional content of the 5th book; which was very frustrating for me to read. If you are one of those people who have issues with movies not being exactly like the book... you might have some issues with this movie (kinda like how ppl complained about movie 4). There was so much other stuff going on in the book, I can't imagine fitting it all in the movie. I for one, don't really get that nit picky about it. As long as the movie in general was the same story, then I'm cool. Anyway, here's some aspects of the movie I want to address....

**********SPOILERS AHEAD**********


Haircuts: Yes! I think everyone looked so much better in this movie, Harry included. The whole long shaggy hair look was sooo not working for me in the last movie. I know this has nothing to do with the story, but aesthetically, it was great to see the boys looked good this time around.

Umbridge: I seriously hated this woman in the book, and I actually wasn't picturing her to be so... pink. I imagined her to have this evil look to her like the book illustration shows. So I am kinda relieved she wasn't as scary as I imagined. I think making her all pink and peppy in the beginning of the movie helped get us to gradually hate her. Well done to the director on this one.

Ron and Hermione: Ahh, their romance is blossoming now and I love it. They are definitely maturing in the story and it's great to see these two working together to help support Harry. I can't remember if they were prefects in this book, but I'm pretty sure they were and was a little bummed it wasn't mentioned in the movie.

Luna Lovegood: I kinda wished they had explained her dad's paper the Quibbler a little bit more in the movie. I guess it doesn't really affect the storyline, but I remember in the movie Luna said "I believe you, and so does my dad." So for me, I understood what she meant by that, but if I had never read the book, it seems kinda odd she would bring up her dad when we don't know what he has to do with any of it.

Harry and Cho: Now I know most people hate the Harry/Cho concept and are routing for him and Ginny. Me? When I first read these books, I really liked Harry/Cho. I was all excited when they went on their little date in Chapter 25 "The Beetle at Bay." I was a little surprised by their on screen kiss, because it was soooo long! It was like watching a make out session. Or maybe I'm just a tad jealous. Heh. Yes I know I'm wrong because Daniel Radcliffe is just a kid, but oh well. He's cute and I was jealous. So sue me. Anyway, I didn't really like how the movie played this one out. From what I recall in the book, Harry and Cho had a real attraction to each other, but by the time they went on their little date, it was kinda clear that she was feeling guilt over Cedric and their attraction was nothing more than that.. an attraction. She was also jealous of Harry and Hermione's relationship, which I kinda wanted to see that in the movie. All they did was pretty much kiss, then the relationship fizzled when Harry thought Cho betrayed Dumbledore's Army. I guess the movie produced the same result in the end, but I kinda wanted to see Cho get jealous over Hermione.

Snape's Memory: I'm really glad they kept this in the movie. It's crucial that we get some insight into Snape's past... it helps set up the storyline in book/movie 6. I dunno about you guys.. I'm still sticking behind my saying that "Snape is my hero!"

Sirius: Man, I knew he was going to die, but I didn't expect to hear the Avada Kedavra curse. Reason being is that I remember in the book, "the second jet of light hit him squarely on the chest." There was no mention in the book that it was the AK curse, just that he got hit by something and fell into the veil hanging in the archway. The whole debate after this book came out was if he was really dead. I was really hopeful that he was alive, but I guess the movie pretty much sealed the last nail in the coffin on that idea. By making it the AK curse in the movie... it's pretty much a done deal, Sirius is dead. Dang.

The End Battle and the Prophecy: The battle between Dumbledore and Voldy was awesome! It was exactly as I pictured it and really showed how powerful these two wizards are. I'm a little bummed that there was no connection/explanation made between the prophecy and Professor Trelawney. Makes sense since there was that dramatic scene of Dumbledore sticking up for Trelawney.


**********END OF SPOILERS**********

The end is approaching, and I'm both excited and scared to find out the end to this story. I felt so bad for Harry in this book, I remember crying reading it and I think the movie was just as intense. So go see it. If you're a fan and have seen all 4 movies.... you're going to watch this no matter what. If you aren't a big HP fan, I think it's still worth watching.

Labels:

posted by Daphne @ 5:22 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Isabel said…

    Great review. I'll see it with my sister week. I can't wait.

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Yah Zeek. I know what you mean. Holly and I were discussing it last night after she came back from watching it. I actually found myself pointing out all the "well in the book it was like this..." So I absolutely agree with you. I think my cousin who hasn't read the book turned to me at one point during the movie and said "Who the heck is Padfoot?"

    Still, I really enjoyed the movie. And yes, I loved the Ron sticking up for Hermione too. I'm gonna go read your review right now. Thanks girl.

    Izzy ~ I want to know what you think after watching with your sis.

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Mollie said…

    I have to agree with Zeek I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the movie. And I was amazed at how dang good Harry looked...;). But there really was sooo much left out of the movie. Some omissions are to be expected, you can't have EVERYTHING. But I was disappointed that there wasn't more Ron/Hermionie and you're right they didn't mention they were Prefects. The Harry/Cho thing was a let down too, I wanted to see a lot of that played out. But the special effects were amazing and I really did like it. I just wish there had been more......:)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned