Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Disneyland with Rob!
Sunday, June 03, 2007

It's the morning after my Disneyland day where I got to spend time with Rob (see previous Chronicles of a Crush posts). Let me just tell you, I am ALL smiles!

Let me start with the bad news... I only had a small window of opportunity with him. He had to leave by 5:30pm, and he arrived later than planned (supposed to be 1pm, but ended up being 2pm). So that only gave me 3 hours to spend time with him. The other bad news... I only got 2 pictures with him. One of them turned out really shadowy, so technically, I only have 1 good picture of the two of us.

Anyway, I met him in the front of the gate. He gave me a big hug and greeted me with his usual cute smile. We made our way in the park, and immediately my cell phone starts ringing. A lot of my coworkers knew Rob was coming, so they wanted to meet him. It's just a little too hard to coordinate that though, since everyone was in different places of the park. Well, I happened to run into my staff Joe and his fiance, who just arrived and were heading to the picnic area. So Rob and I joined them. We had lunch together and Joe's fiance kept saying "I've heard so much about you, Joe talks about you all the time, he says you're his favorite senior." Remind me to thank her later for making me look good in front of Rob, who kept teasing me saying "wow look at you, everyone loves working with you." We got free dessert, which Rob was all excited about. He pointed to the frozen banana (which is dipped in chocolate and covered with nuts) and said "what is that? is there banana inside of that?" Me: "Umm.. that IS a banana." Rob: "Ohhh, how do you know?" Me: "Because it says frozen banana on the wrapper." He couldn't make up his mind between the banana and the Mickey ice cream bar. When the worker said he could grab as many as he wanted, Rob's eyes lit up like a boy on Christmas morning. It was so cute.

The four of us then headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean, since I had already made up my mind that that was a MUST ride with Rob. Joe and his fiance sat in the first row of the boat and Rob and I sat in the second row. Thank goodness we got the whole row to ourselves. Anyway, as soon as I sat down, he immediately sat next to me (on my left) and put his right arm around me. Wow, okay I was not expecting this. I thought I'd be lucky to even get to touch his arm that whole day. So he had his arm around me the WHOLE ride, and during the dark parts, he would lightly squeeze me and bring me closer to him. After that ride we got churros and I introduced Rob to my aunt, uncle, and their four kiddies who were nearby.

After the ride we only had about an hour left before Rob had to head out, so instead of get on another ride, we decided to just hang out and look at the innovention exhibit in tomorrowland. We were standing in the revolving building listening to the guy give his presentation, and once again, Rob brought me closer and put his arm around me. He mentioned something about someone telling him his hairstyle looked like Patrick Dempsey, but he had no idea who PD was. I said, "Oh that's Doctor McDreamy on Grey's Anatomy. I've never seen that show, but yah, that's his nickname, and PD is a good looking guy, so you should take that as a compliment." He's like... "wow, McDreamy huh? what do YOU think?" I said "Well, you don't look like Patrick Dempsey to me, but you do look pretty McDreamy." LOL!

Then he tried to impress me by saying, "So, have you ever built a computer?" Me: "Yah, all the computers I've ever owned (besides my work laptop), I built it myself." Rob:"Like you ordered everything online and Rob: "Oh wow I didn't think you were serious. I was going to say I'm so proud because I just built a computer myself." Me: "So you bought all the separate parts and put it together?" Rob: "No, I went to the Dell website and clicked on all the features I wanted them to assemble." Me: "That's not building a computer, that's ordering one from Dell and specifying your requirements." Rob: "Yah I know, I didn't think you were going to say yes when I said 'Have you ever built a computer?'"

Finally, I had to walk him back out to the front gate, but we sat down again and talked for a little bit before I said goodbye. We talked about random stuff, work, etc. He said he heard Joe mention my birthday so he asked me when it was and what I was doing. I said I wasn't sure yet, but was thinking of having a bbq. He asked if he was invited to which I said Of Course! So now it looks like I have to get going on my birthday plans and send out the invitations soon. He said, "Well, hopefully I can make it, but I'm really glad I got some one on one time with you today." So we hugged, said goodbye and parted ways.

This morning I woke up and saw a text message on my phone from Rob. One of his favorite movie quotes is from the movie Dumb and Dumber, where Jim Carrey says "Yesterday was one of the greatest days of my life. Mary and I went skiing, we made a snowman, she touched my leg." Rob once brought that up and I remembered the quote so I said it, and we both started laughing, so it's sorta become an inside joke. Anyway, his phone text message said "Thanks again! Twas a great time. We had churros together, we saw pirates, and I touched your arm a couple of times."

Needless to say, I'm very giddy right now. Ahh, I love Disneyland!

Labels:

posted by Daphne @ 10:34 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7:15 AM, Blogger Isabel said…

    awwwww! How cute!! Looks like you had a great time. He put his arm around you?? YAY!

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Rowena said…

    Awwwww Daph, that was SUCH a cute little date you had...I'm giddy for you, you guys are so cute! Awwww, he touched your arm, Awwww...you're too cute! hehe...love it!

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Natalie said…

    cutie. cutie. cutie!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Kyla Armstrong said…

    I'm so sad we didn't run into you! I made Will stay at the lunch thing for forever, but we finally had to go because The Boy was super tired. We were early goers - we got to the park at 8:30 and left around 2pm. Man! You need a party planner or something so that at your party you can just focus on him:) LOL Hope we get to see you soon! And congrats on an awesome date!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned