Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Profile, Picture, and Peer Pressure Oh My
Wednesday, June 13, 2007

So this morning I'm minding my own business, checking emails and chatting with Isabel and Dylan. Isabel asks if I had changed my facebook profile pic, from just my face to the picture of me and mah crush Rob. Why would I change it you ask? Well, about two weeks ago, Benny the ex sent me a friend request on facebook. I pretty much rolled my eyes when I saw he opened an account, because I've had one since college, and he's always refused to make an account. Well I guess Benny needs to make new friends huh?


So I accepted the friend request, skipping the "How do you know this person?" portion.....because there was no way I was going to check the "we dated" box. Yah, talk about awkward. So now he's my "facebook friend." Of course Isabel, the scheming one, suggests that I put up the picture of me and Rob. After all, it's not MY fault if Benny happens to check my profile picture and see me with a guy friend. *evil grin*


I hesitated at first, only because I have a couple of coworkers on my friend list, who happen to know Rob. I don't want them thinking I'm obsessed and then go tell Rob. "You weinie," Isabel says. Oh well, fine. Talk about peer pressure. I decide to upload the picture, and as soon as I refresh my profile, I feel guilty. I thought "if it was the other way around, I don't think I'd wanna see a picture of Benny with his arm around some girl."


I decide to browse through my picture folder and upload another picture, because dammit, I just felt too guilty. Okay, no problem, just change the picture back and no one will ever know. I'm about to select a picture of me and a cousin, when ding! I get an IM from my old college buddy Wally:


W: What's the alias of the guy in the pic?

Me: Eh? OMG are you on facebook right now?

W: Yes. hahahaha


What the heck man, I had that picture up for less than a minute, and already people notice. I start explaining to him that the guy is Rob, blah blah blah.. then ding! OMG, another ping from my girl Natalie:


N: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Cutie cutie cutie. Why didn't you put up the other picture of you and Rob and Disneyland?


Seriously people. You can't even give me 2 minutes to change my profile back and forth? So there, it's done. Picture is up. "Wait a minute," I realize. "Isabel and Dylan don't even have a facebook, so why the heck did I even do this? They wouldn't even know if I changed it." Snap, I just got owned by those two b!tches (hehe love you gals). Wow, talk about peer pressure. See how easily I give in to these girls.

Labels: , ,

posted by Daphne @ 9:24 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Rowena said…

    LOL! You did it though and that's really all that counts..but wait, is it still up? Because I will get a facebook account just to monitor your picture changing, please believe it!

    And plus, you like that picture, it's a good picture of YOU too so keep it up and like Izzy said, stop being a weenie! haha.

    Love you bunches!

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Isabel said…

    First of all, I'm not scheming. I'm just.... clever... lol. But I mean, if Benny can have new friends and display his skanks on his myspace, then you can display your friends.

    And beleive me, I will open a facebook account just to make sure you keep the pic up for a little while. ha ha.

    Love you!!!!

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Natalie said…

    Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me...still like that picture better. *sigh* Disneyland where 'your arms touched'.

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Holly said…

    LMAO @ Natalie. I love it "Where your arms touched"

    *snicker*

    I think you should totally keep it. And you best believe Izzy and Ween will be monitoring that. They're evil. ;)

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger Rowena said…

    LOL Natalie!

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Sunshine said…

    I love the crush chronciles! I gotta agree I thinkyou should keep it too just for fun. hehe

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned