Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Moving out!
Sunday, June 10, 2007
No, not me silly. I'm not moving out for awhile. I'm talking about my friend Holly. She finally decided to consolidate her things with her fiance, MM, and I was one of the lucky (or not so lucky? hehe love you Holly) people to help her move into his place. After a 2.5 hour drive with Dylan, we changed our plans to head to Holly's house, and (surprise, surprise) went straight to Borders to meet up with Holly. I was so pissed I forgot my Borders coupon, and didn't want to buy anything at full price, but oh well. Who am I kidding anyway? Do I ever walk out of there empty-handed? Hardly. I ended up getting Virgin River by Robyn Carr, which will be a first time read of this author.

I finally got to see Holly's engagement ring, and it is gorgeous! Props to MM for selecting such a gorgeous rock. Anyway, we then headed over to the Yardhouse for some grub, and I swear I felt so old being there. I mean, there were a lot of adults there, but man, I'm so over that whole "acting like a drunk idiot while I'm trying to hit on people in public" scene. I watched a women totally piss drunk make a complete fool of herself by trying to get this guy's attention by dancing all crazy next to the table. Geez.

We crashed at MM's house, and the next morning Dylan and I woke up wondering where Holly was. Apparently she left uber early to get the UHaul truck and was already at her place. We left with MM and arrived at Holly's place, where Isabel and her hubby were already helping out. The move itself was tiring, but I ain't complaining because man, the guys had to pretty much everything heavy. Just MM and Izzy's hubby Joey. No other guys. I felt bad for them, but seriously, if I were buff I'd have carried more heavy things. Alas, I am only 4'11" and I can't lift anything to save my life. The craziest part of moving for me was cleaning out Holly's daughter's room. Man, underneath her bed was a disaster area! I've never seen so much dirty laundry/miscellaneous toys/feathers/toys/etc. under a single bed in my life. I should've taken before and after pics, because it's one of those "you have to see it to believe it" kinda things.

The best part of the move was when we finally made the trip back to MM's house, and the book boxes (approx. 4 or 5 of them?) were brought down. Oh man, immediately Dylan, Izzy and I tore open those boxes and pretty much rummaged through all of Holly's books. Let me tell you, she is NOT lying about the size of her book collection. We filled up 3 bookcases with books, and that's putting two rows of books on each shelf. I coulda been swimming in those books if you poured them all on the floor. Like Duck Tales Uncle Scrooge styles, when he jumps in his pile of gold. Yah, like that. I ended up borrowing some books from her, but Dylan takes the cake. This girl ended up loading an entire trash bag of books back in my car this morning.

Meanwhile the boys are slaving away, making trips from the UHaul and then replacing the empty truck with the furniture MM was giving up. Haha, oh man I felt bad, but seriously it was hilarious. They are such good sports. When you first step in MM's house, you can definitely tell it's a bachelor's pad. Random objects are plastered on the walls, there's beer in the fridge, and a DVD collection next to the couch (I'm sure Holly has/will blog about these). Izzy and Holly had a scheme to take down MM's beloved Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville sign and his Captain Morgan banner. As soon as I saw what they were up to, I turned to Dylan and said "Oh no, I don't want any part of that, I don't want to be around when MM finds out." Sure enough, MM noticed the missing Jimmy Buffet sign and said "WTF!! Where's my sign?" LOL Dylan and I were cracking up so hard and she thankfully pointed out that the two of us were innocent. (Thanks Dylan for getting my back on that one)

We ended the evening by barbequing and just hanging out in MM's living room. We were so exhausted but I'm so glad that it was such a chill evening. I like hanging out like that, just relaxing, talking, laughing with good friends. I'm sooooo glad I made the trip there this weekend. Yes, moving is a pain in the fanny, but that's why I'm glad we went. I can't imagine Holly having to go through that by herself. So I'm glad we were able to help out, even though the boys pretty much did the real heavy work. I'm so blessed to have such friends, and I would do it all over again. Only regret is that we didn't take pictures.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Daphne @ 4:53 PM  
12 Comments:
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    I see you left out the part when I was taken advantage of in the room. mmmm hmmm. ANd it wasn't my idea to take down the stuff. I was just trying to help out holly.

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    oh snap i forgot about our little colters' woman reenactment. i'll let you blog about that. lol

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Holly said…

    LMAO! MM asked me about that this morning. About what we were doing. I told him how we were reenacting the erotic scene and then I said, "So while you and Joey were watching t.v., I was having a foursome in the other room" and he said, "You suck! Where's the video??" LOLOL

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger Rowena said…

    Actually it was Holly who got taken advantage of, it was a good thing she wasn't a virgin, huh? Cause that would have HURT! haha.

    Dude, the visual in my head right now is making me laugh ALL OVER AGAIN!

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    LOL at MM. Yeah Joey was all, "Were you guys laughing at us?" No honey, I was having a foursome. Joey was upset. lol

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    Yeah, it was me who got taken advantage of. How did I end up on top anyway?

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    i love how y'all keep talking about the one thing i didn't even include in this blog post!

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Rowena said…

    I pushed you up there, that's how Holly...I needed the visual, remember?

    "How did they do it if she's on top going up and down and home boy in the back is going front and back?"

    LMAO LMAO!

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Rowena said…

    Joey and MM were upset? Next time we're gonna have to make our own Paris video, haha.

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    LMAO! Oh yeah, you forced me into it. That's how. Now I remember. Freaking Ween.

    LOL

    Look, we invaded poor Daph's blog. Tee hee.

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    "How did they do it if she's on top going up and down and home boy in the back is going front and back?"

    Say what? What scene was that? I thought we were reenacting the first scene... when homegirl was on her back! LOL

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    LMAO!LMAO!LMAO! HAHAHAHA! She didn't even know what scene!

    Dang, I got taken advantage of for nothing. *sniff*

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned