Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

13 of my favorite book heroes
Wednesday, August 01, 2007

13 of my favorite book heroes

1. Ben Lewis. From Linda Howard's Heart of Fire. My favorite Amazon tour guide. This guy just oozes with sex appeal and raw masculinity. He's strong, handsome, brave, witty, and has a sense of humor. What I love about him is that he's very masculine but he's also adorable and sometimes acts like a little boy. He's always throwing in comments to keep you rattled or on your toes. You can't help but love this guy.

2. Kevin Tucker. From Susan Elizabeth Phillips' This Heart of Mine. Quarterback of the Chicago Stars. Wickedly handsome, athletic, and a true southern gentleman.

3. Luc "Lucky" Martineau. From Rachel Gibson's See Jane Score. Goalie for the Seattle Chinooks hockey team. Love him because he falls for plain Jane. Love him even more for his horseshoe tattoo (located you know where).

4. Edward Cullen. From Stephanie Meyer's Twilight. Yes, I know he's just a teenager, but technically he's over a hundered years old. And yes, technically he's a vampire. So what? I love him anyway.

5. Vane Kattalakis. From Sherrilyn Kenyon's Night Play. Okay, so maybe he's a tad hairy, but hot diggity dang, he's so fine. I love that he's so rich he can pay movers a couple of Gs just to piss off his woman's jerk ex boyfriend. Yah that's what I'm talking about. Stick up for your woman and show her ex what a dumbass he was for dumping her because of her weight. Vane, I love you.

6. Drustan MacKeltar. From Karen Marie Moning's Kiss of the Highlander. Man, just thinking about this guy gets me hot hot hot! He's tall, he's a druid, he's smart, and just downright sexy. He's not embarrassed to show it either. He'll let you touch his....sock.

7. Dageus MacKeltar. From Karen Marie Moning's The Dark Highlander. Yikes, I'm seeing double. He's Drustan's twin, the bad boy, the rebel. Oh yah, if you like bad/naughty boys, Dageus is your man. This is the kind of guy you want to pin you against the wall and ravish you. And believe me, I'd let him.

8. Adam Black. From Karen Marie Moning's Immortal Highlander. Yes, I'm on a KMM roll here. But how can I not mention the great Adam Black? He is the fallen fae, the arrogant servant of Aoibheal, the immortal one. Ah yes, I can't tell you how many times I've reread this book. Adam is scary and dangerous, but there's something about him that just draws you to him. Love him because he sacrificed all that he was as an immortal powerful fae for his love, Gabrielle. Oh yah, I'd tup him.

9. Acheron "Ash" Parthenopaeus. From Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter Series. As the series goes on, I'm not liking him as much, but Ash still makes it to my list because in the beginning I loved him. He was so mysterious and such a strong leader. You gotta love the leaders of the group, the guy who has all the wisdom and strength to solve everyone's problems. It's too bad that he's becoming Artemis' little biznatch, but what can you do? He's got such a troubled past, you can't help but feel bad for the guy. Plus he's got lots of... stamina.

10. Baron Royce. From Julie Garwood's The Prize. Strong and fierce on the outside. Warm and tender on the inside. Oh boy, I can't get enough of this man. He's so good to Nicholaa and has so much patience with her. He's a great warrior too and has the respect of all his soldiers. And even though Nicholaa was a strong heroine, he didn't become a pushover with her, he stood his ground and was reasonable with her.

11. Alec Kincaid. From Julie Garwood's The Bride. A highland barbarian and laird. Arrogant and tough. I think this was probably one of the first historical romances I ever read. Alec will always have a place in my list of favorite heroes because he's so good to Jaime. He gives her time to adjust to their sudden marriage, and when he realizes he really loves Jaime, he's just so romantic that I want to melt.

12. Rhage. From J.R. Ward's Eternal Lover. Aka Hollywood. He's the "pretty boy" in the group of vampires. Don't let those looks fool you though, he's also one of the most deadly fighters in the group. That's because he turns into an angry beast/monster (literally) when he gets pumped up to fight. I dunno, maybe I have issues, but I love that he's got that rawr animalness in him. He instantly fell in love with Mary (who wasn't my favorite heroine and I don't think she deserved him but meh) and took such good care of her. He sacrificed eliminating his curse to save her. Now that's love. And that makes him all the more sexy.

13. Ian Thornton. From Judith McNaught's Almost Heaven. I can't remember why I love this man, but I do. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Well there's my list. How about you?

Labels:

posted by Daphne @ 9:41 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Kyla Armstrong said…

    Don't freak me out and tell Will you have Eclipse! I was like, what? It doesn't come out until the 7th. And he just looks at me like I'm crazy:) LOL If you do have Eclipse I am totally stalking you out! Talk to you later woman.

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger Isabel said…

    I love Edward. Sigh. I can't wait for Eclipse!!!!
    Nice list although I don't know about Ben Lewis... ;)

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Izzy, I know... isn't Edward the best? *Sigh* And that's fine if you don't like Ben, less people to share him with.

    Mormy, I'm not lying to you. Would I lie to ya? haha, don't answer that. Anyway, I'm serious.

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Holly said…

    Awesome list! Those are all my favorites, too. *Sigh* I need to do some re-reads.

    Haha, poor Mormonishmom, thinking you're lying.

    So...how far into it are you?

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Hey Holls. Actually I didn't start yet. I'm so swamped with work that I ended up working after dinner. =(

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Rowena said…

    Dude, you're lucky that you have Eclipse already but I'm not too jealous or anything because I can wait, I haven't been reading lately so I'm okay with waiting a little bit before getting it.

    But dude...LOVE your list sweetie, I'm with you on all of them, you've got GREAT taste in heroes, Ben Lewis would have been my #1 too, I'm just sad that you didn't put my man Sam up here!

    *sigh*

    It's okay, I love him enough for everyone, haha...=)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned