Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Church Crush Chronicles 3
Sunday, August 12, 2007

He's back! After 5 weeks of not seeing church crush Charlie at Sunday mass, he's finally returned. Whew. I was beginning to think he left California permanently and tried to join the seminary again. So I went to mass this morning with my mom, sat in my usual pew...next to a nice old lady and her husband. I call her "lady in the hat," because she always wears an old fashioned hat to mass. Another reason I always sit next to lady in the hat, is because she always sits in front of Charlie's family. Haha, way to strategically position myself.

So mom and I show up, and I notice Charlie isn't there with his family. Dang, I think to myself. Another week gone by and no sign of Charlie. Five minutes into the mass, I can tell someone is scooting into the pew behind me. EEEE! It's him. Okay calm down Daph. You're looking cute today in your new dress, so at least you're prepared. Dang I'm telling you, he's sooo good looking. Even my mom has mentioned that on several occassions.

Anyway, this is the first time that I actually heard him speak/sing a lot during the mass. And let me tell you, the boy can SING! The choir has been on vacation so my dad has been singing solo for the masses. Well, my dad, being the old fashioned guy he is, loves to sing those latin chants. I know some of those chants (i.e. Agnus Dei Qui Tolis Pecca Ta Mundi....) but not all. Anyway, during one of the latin songs I didn't know, I was surprised to hear Charlie behind me singing all the words. Perfect latin. Man oh man, I tell you... I know I'm a total weirdo... but seriously, hearing him sing in latin (in a surprisingly good yet masculine singing voice) is so HOT! I was just standing there thinking dude, you're hot. That seriously just made my day. Of course he would know the latin words too, the guy almost joined the seminary for crying out loud.

So in other news, about five minutes ago as I was typing up this blog, my mom comes in and randomly says "There's a prayer I want to show you and I think you should start praying it every day." Well alright, I'm not one to turn down extra prayers, but knowing my mom... it was going to be something specific to help something in my life. That is so like my mom to give me prayers like that. For example, before I go on long trips she will leave me a prayer for travelers on my desk, to say in case my plane should come crashing down in the ocean. Or when I have a big test coming up, she will tell me to say a prayer for students and exams. Something like that.

I said, "Sure, let's see it." I'm expecting her to hand me a little leaflet or something and instead she tells me to google it online. Hmm, this is interesting. Well, apparently, there's a lot of sites you can find that give different Catholic prayers (novenas) for almost any occassion. And whaddya know, the prayer she shows me... "Prayer for a Good Husband or Wife." Oh dear. *sigh* I knew it. Told ya it was going to be about something specific in my life, in this case, it's the "me not being able to find a good husband." LOL Geez, I've been single for what? 6 months.. and she makes it seem like I'm hopeless.

I'm actually surprised though. I was expecting my mom to say something like "this is to help you find a Catholic husband." She didn't though. All she said was... "this is to help you find the husband that God wants for you." I was really surprised by that, but honestly I'm very glad that those were the words that came out of her mouth. While I do think it's funny my mom is giving me this prayer, in a way.. I'm glad. It shows she cares for me and just wants to see me happy. And all jokes aside, it really is something important to me. To find the one that God has in store for me. The prayer itself is very beautiful, and even though I won't admit it to my mom, I'm probably going to say it every day. After all, doesn't hurt to get some help from the big guy upstairs.

Labels: , ,

posted by Daphne @ 8:22 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger Isabel said…

    You are too cute! ha ha. But that is sexy when a guy can sing well and sing well in a different language.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Rowena said…

    LOL, you're such a cutie patootie! I love it!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned