Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Great weekend
Sunday, August 05, 2007
I had a fabulous weekend. I normally don't do anything special on weekends; maybe swing dancing, but nothing that requires me driving out for more than 10 miles.

On Friday I called Holly after work, and she was meeting Isabel for dinner at Dave and Busters. It's not every day I get to see these two, so with that in mind, I decided to bite the bullet and battle the long distance (about 40 milse) and after-work traffic. We had such a blast joking, laughing, drinking, and playing games. I knew the boys (Holly's fiance MM, and Isabel's hubby Joey) were gonna get all competitive and I was waiting for the moment when one of us girls would beat them at a game. Well, I had my chance when we played the racing car game. I honestly wasn't paying attention to my rank during the race, I just wanted to not hit the walls. At the last lap I noticed some jerk slammed into my car to try and throw me off. Sure enough, it was MM. Hah, a lot good that did him because I overtook him and finished 1st place. Woohoo! Take that MM. I also beat Joey in the police trainer game. *snicker*

Then... as I was walking to find Holly at the bar, some guy stopped me in my tracks and said "woa, where ya off to? what's your name?" Eeek, I panicked. I didn't want to give out my real name, and I wasn't quick enough on my feet to think of a fake name, so I glanced around really fast, saw MM, and blurted out "MM.... save me!" Yah, real slick. I feel bad because you gotta give the guy credit for at least trying to approach me, and I totally just blew him off. Not my finest moment people. Eh, whatever. Stuff like that doesn't happen to me so I'm a rookie when it comes to that. Anyway, I got home pretty late and slept in.

Next morning I called Holly again, who was on her way to the beach with her mom (aka Devil Woman "DW") and her sister. I knew the drive to the beach would be about 2 hours, and I was a little disappointed that I had slept in. By the time I hit the road, there was mad traffic, and of course, no parking when I got to the beach. So four hours later, I made it. I was a little angry at myself because I knew I should've left earlier, but I got over it as soon as I met up with the girls. It was really great to have girl time. Just the beach, beach blanket/towel, a good book, and the sound of the waves crashing on the beach. I even got in the water, which I never do, and gosh darnit, it felt good. After our beach excursion we showered/changed in the hotel room and had a relaxing cozy dinner at a neighboring hotel. I left around 10pm, and made it home around 11:30.

Sunday I woke up early, went to church, had breakfast with mom and dad, and took a nap. Then I got up for swing dance class, danced for about an hour, then went home to change. My friend Emily from Arizona came over (I was introduced to her by Rob) and we hung out in Santa Monica, went shopping, ate dinner, and ate gelato for dessert. With her summer internship over, Emily is going back to Arizona. I hope we will keep in touch and I can visit her there one day.

Ah, I tell ya. Life is good. In college I didn't have many gal pals, so it's awesome that I can say now I do. So, what did y'all do this weekend?

Labels: ,

posted by Daphne @ 10:27 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    I had such a great time this weekend, babe. I'm so glad you decided to meet up with us both days.

    I'm so bummed, tho, that you couldn't go dress shopping with us on Sunday.

    :(

    We're so gonna have to go again. Too bad Izzy can't come back down for it. lol

    Anyway, thanks so much for being such a great friend. I had so much fun doing "girl" stuff!

    Oh, and how fun was beating Joey and MM on Friday night? *snicker*

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger Isabel said…

    I didn't know some guy tried to talk to you! lol. You really said that! LMAO!!! How funny!!!

    Damn, I wish I could've gone with you guys but oh well. :)

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Rowena said…

    Looks like you had a good time sweetie, I'm so glad...girl time is the bomb time! =)

    And yeah sweets, that wasn't your finest moment, "MM SAVE ME?" LOL, I'm so pointing and laughing at you right now! haha.

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger ~ames~ said…

    Sounds like fun, especially the beach!

    And I completely understand your reaction to that guy approaching you. LOL

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned