Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

13 Things I Miss About School
Thursday, August 16, 2007

13 Things I Miss About School

1. Kindergarten nap time. I can't believe I hated nap time as a kid. Silly me.

2. Cheap lunches. I remember those little blue booklets full of lunch tickets in elementary. Can't remember the exact amount but it came out to like $1.50 per day. Junior high and high school were upgrades to real brand name foods, but still cheaper than what you would pay at the actual place. I think my grande lattes at Starbucks cost more than these meals did back then.

3. Recess. Dodge ball. Monkey bars. Pogs. Jacks. Crossfire. Hand ball. Jump rope. Good times.

4. Shoe box dioramas. I just remember loving these types of projects. Pick a book and depict a scene using arts and crafts and a shoe box. Too bad all I read now are romance books. I don't think it would be appropriate to make a diorama for "those" scenes.

5. Before and after school activities. In high school I did colorguard, yearbook, school plays, and culture club dance rehearsals. So pretty much zero through seventh period. Nowadays I'm lucky if I can squeeze in ONE non-work related activity in my day.

6. Walking to campus. Mostly referring to college here. I got plenty of exercise walking on campus grounds. Now I barely make it from the parking lot to the office without sweating and losing my breath. Sad.

7. College hotties. Where did all the good looking boys from college go to? Well, wherever they are, they're sure as heck not in my office. I spend most of my day at work, and alas, no hotties. *sigh*

8. Choosing classes and times. I wish I could just pick and choose what times of the day I want to work and what times I want to take a break and read, eat, sleep, etc. If I could I would get all the work stuff done in the morning (I got used to all 8am classes in college) and by afternoon be done and spend the rest of the evening relaxing.

9. Lockers. I did the typical girly decorate your locker thing. I had a mirror and a Pochaco fold out case thing that hung on the locker door. Not to mention the locker was the best place to post up your fav magazine cutouts of celeb hotties.

10. School dances. Sure I never had dates 75% of the time, but they were still fun. Less dangerous too. Nowadays I can't stand going clubbing, it's such a production. And there's so many weirdos out there.

11. Talent shows and plays. I loved watching these because it would bring out hidden talents of your fellow classmates, and show you different sides to their personalities. Plus being a performer was always fun. The rehearsals after school, bonding with people you normally wouldn't hang out with, performing choreographed dances. Loved it.

12. Living on campus. College was probably the best four years of my life. Mainly because I lived away (but not too far) from home. When you have good friends that live in the same building as you, it's just so much more convenient to hang out. I miss being able to call up a good friend, and grabbing a snack in the wee hours of the morning.

13. Student discounts. Oh wait, that's not entirely true. I still use my college ID to get student discount at the movies. =P

Labels:

posted by Daphne @ 12:04 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger Isabel said…

    We often say we need nap time at work.

    I never made a shoe box diorama. I sooo want to make one now. Lol.

    I hated the school lunches. Except when they had pizza. Although I loved serving the food. I would give my friends extra depending on what the item was.

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Teena in Toronto said…

    Naps rock!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned