So there's this new guy I'm working with. Totally nice, funny, sweet, hard working, etc.... and I think he might be gay. Now seriously, I have no problem with this, and his sexual orientation has no effect on how I think of him as a worker. But it's not like I have a gaydar on me and I don't think it's one of those things you just flat out ask. I've only been working with him for 3 days, but so far I've got a good list of reasons why I think he might be gay (which again, I'm not saying is a bad thing)...
1) When I tried to give him a high-five today, it was a light tap and he almost missed my hand.
2) He likes talking about celebrity sightings. You know, So and So was dining at the such and such restaurant in Beverly Hills.
3) The other guy working with him tries to sit as far away from him whenever we eat lunch at the cafeteria.
4) Today he told guy from #3 above that he wanted to "wrestle" with him. I said "What? Wrestle? You mean like thumb wrestling?" Nope, he meant real wrestling. Hmmm. Riiiiight.
5) He asked me where he could find the closest Bed Bath and Beyond.
6) He loves shopping at Target.
7) He constantly plays with his class ring on his finger.
8) When we mentioned going to Happy Hour on Friday at a dive bar that had waitresses dressed in bikinis, he seemed to no longer be paying attention to the conversation.
9) He wants time off next month because his "best friend" is visiting. He never says my friend, it's always best friend. Do guys really use that term? (Other than MM Holly *snort*)
10) He asked me where the good Thai restaurants are because he loves Thai food.
11) When he's about to write down notes on his pad of paper, he crosses his legs.
12) He's got a lot of bright colors and variety in his wardrobe. Not just plain white/light blue dress shirts.
13) Said the jambalaya looked pretty good, except he wouldn't eat it because it had sausages in it... and he doesn't like sausage. Umm hmm. Riiiiight.
Labels: Thursday Thirteen, Work related