Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

13 Things that Annoy Me Today
Thursday, October 25, 2007
I need to vent. So here ya go...




1) I still haven’t finished Virgin River. This is probably a record for me, the longest time it’s taken to finish a book. Every night I try to read and every night I barely make it through one chapter.

2) The fact that Robyn Carr is guest blogging on Book Binge and I still haven’t finished VR (see #1)

3) The fact that my mom is almost done with Whispering Rock (third book in the VR series) (see #1 and 2)

4) Smoke. In the air I breathe outside. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, read Wendy’s post on the SoCal fires.

5) All that ashy stuff floating around and settling on top of my car (related to #4). Then me opening my car door and coughing because said ashy stuff is all up in my face.

6) Status meetings every freakin day. I swear I spend more time doing administrative stuff for this job than actually doing the job. I spend more time than I like updating the stupid excel file showing the status of each thing, open items, where each hour of my time went for the week.

7) Driving home any time after 9pm and still being stuck in traffic because they’re doing construction on the 405 freeway and they block off three left lanes of traffic.

8) Stockings. I buy a pair they rip. I buy another, they rip. I wear them today and find a huge rip down the back left leg. Only to realize that I’ve got hair stubble (yah yah, gross I know, whatever… hush) so do I leave them on or take them off?

9) This dang staff who keeps tapping his foot because he’s listening to music on his headphones. And even though I told him to leave one ear free in case I call out his name, his music is so dang loud he never hears me.

10) Finding out your good staff is calling in sick and being stuck with staff (see #9) who I don’t know what work to assign them since I wasn’t here the last few days.

11) My boss pointing out to everyone that last night I was looking for a Heifeweizzen (sp?) on the drink menu under “H” because I didn’t know that it was a type of beer, not a brand. Dude, I get it. Now shut up. Not everyone cares about beer.

12) Me not winning the 24 hour fitness membership card (good for one year and worth over $800) through our office United Way campaign. Then seeing a list of people who did win and knowing some of them have never seen a gym in over 10 years.

13) My brother. Who hasn’t paid me back any (yes, any) of the $800 he still owes me.

Labels:

posted by Daphne @ 1:05 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Lynne said…

    Oh my goodness...amen to the following:

    #4 & 5 - I feel like I'm dying everytime I walk outside. Then I feel bad for complaining because I know several people who had to evacuate...so sad!

    #6 - I HATE status meetings with a passion. I would elaborate, but I have a rant right on the tip of my tongue, and I'll never stop if I get started.

    #7 - Yeah, what is this business about traffic in the middle of the night?! We have the same problem out here on the 91.

    #8 - This is one of the big questions in life...to wear the ripped stockings or not to wear? Quite a predicament.

    #12 - I wanted to laugh out loud when I read this because my team and I had a big discussion about it yesterday.

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Kyla Armstrong said…

    I am so tired of the ash and crap in the air too! The Boy hates it too because he is stuck inside with his crazy mommy all day.

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger Isabel said…

    Hope you have a better day today. *Hugs*

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Kate Diamond said…

    I'm sorry that you're dealing with insanely bad forest fires. My dad was a forest fire fighter for years, so I actually associate that smell with "Yay! Daddy's home and he's okay!"

    But you have my sympathies. The pall in the air is not pleasant.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Holly said…

    Poor Daph, I'm sorry you were annoyed. But you get to see me this weekend, and we'll be away from the smoke/etc so YAY US!

    And dude, I could beat your brother over the head!

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Smoky ashy air? Drives me nuts and makes me extremely petty and pissy.

    Don't worry about stockings. At least that's what my sister (Bass Hotel Exec) and SIL (WSJ exec)tell me. My SIL (petite and very attractive like you) never wears them and she always looks great.

    I had to put VIRGIN RIVER aside I was trying to get it read for Ms. Carr's visit to Book Binge and while not a bad book I'm just not that interested in these characters. I should ask Rowena if it gets better the second half.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned