I need to vent. So here ya go...
1) I still haven’t finished Virgin River. This is probably a record for me, the longest time it’s taken to finish a book. Every night I try to read and every night I barely make it through one chapter.
2) The fact that Robyn Carr is guest blogging on Book Binge and I still haven’t finished VR (see #1)
3) The fact that my mom is almost done with Whispering Rock (third book in the VR series) (see #1 and 2)
4) Smoke. In the air I breathe outside. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, read Wendy’s post on the SoCal fires.
5) All that ashy stuff floating around and settling on top of my car (related to #4). Then me opening my car door and coughing because said ashy stuff is all up in my face.
6) Status meetings every freakin day. I swear I spend more time doing administrative stuff for this job than actually doing the job. I spend more time than I like updating the stupid excel file showing the status of each thing, open items, where each hour of my time went for the week.
7) Driving home any time after 9pm and still being stuck in traffic because they’re doing construction on the 405 freeway and they block off three left lanes of traffic.
8) Stockings. I buy a pair they rip. I buy another, they rip. I wear them today and find a huge rip down the back left leg. Only to realize that I’ve got hair stubble (yah yah, gross I know, whatever… hush) so do I leave them on or take them off?
9) This dang staff who keeps tapping his foot because he’s listening to music on his headphones. And even though I told him to leave one ear free in case I call out his name, his music is so dang loud he never hears me.
10) Finding out your good staff is calling in sick and being stuck with staff (see #9) who I don’t know what work to assign them since I wasn’t here the last few days.
11) My boss pointing out to everyone that last night I was looking for a Heifeweizzen (sp?) on the drink menu under “H” because I didn’t know that it was a type of beer, not a brand. Dude, I get it. Now shut up. Not everyone cares about beer.
12) Me not winning the 24 hour fitness membership card (good for one year and worth over $800) through our office United Way campaign. Then seeing a list of people who did win and knowing some of them have never seen a gym in over 10 years.
13) My brother. Who hasn’t paid me back any (yes, any) of the $800 he still owes me.
Labels: Thursday Thirteen