Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

13 Qualities I Want in a Husband
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Thirteen Qualities I Want in a Husband

In no particular order. If there's a ** next to it, that means it's a MUST. Otherwise it's just a preference. I'm trying to keep this list specific, and not list down the generic things like "trustworthy, honest, caring, sense of humor, handsome, intelligent." I don't think people are as interested to read lists like that. Been there done that. This list is tailored for me, Daphne.

1) Taller than me. It's really not that hard considering I'm 4'11". **

2) Does not smoke/do drugs. **

3) Knows how to dress. I'm not saying super metro or that he needs to wear expensive brands. I'm talking about basics. Like knowing how to put on a tie. Or knowing that you don't wear white socks with black shoes.

4) Is Christian. Note that I didn't say Catholic, which is what I am. Although I would strongly prefer him to be Catholic, I'm not making that a must. But I am pretty religious and it plays a big part in my life. I'd rather have a good Christian than a bad Catholic. **



5) Isn't in that stage of his life where he's "figuring out what he wants to do" or can't seem to find any career path suitable to him. Nope, sorry. Daphne is not going to go there. I'm not trying to be an elitist. But I just don't want a man who is like my cousins, who will forever be waitressing while taking one unit a semester at a junior college that they should've been done with three years ago - all because they don't know yet what they want to do with their lives. **

6) Is somewhat geeky. What type of geek? The Star Wars loving, video/computer game playing, knows how to build a computer, and knows what I mean when I say things like l33t, w00t, pWn3d, etc. type of geek.

7) Puts family on the top of his list. I don't think I could be with someone who hated his parents (unless it was reasonable, like they abandoned him or something). And I also don't want to date someone who won't let me spend time with my family. **

8) Knows how to have a good time once in awhile with close friends, but is kinda over the whole clubbing/bar scene.

9) Wants children/is open to the possibility of children. I bring this up because my boss was suggesting I go out with his younger brother who is my age. I clicked on the link to his myspace and the guy said "I don't want children" in his profile. No thanks. **

10) Is clean and has good table manners. Yah, this one is kinda generic but it still amazes me how some guys still chew all loud with their mouths open. Or throw their clothes on the floor and leave dirty dishes in the sink. Seriously now. That's a sign of laziness.

11) Is not in major debt. School loans, fine. But being in debt because you HAD to have a new BMW or plasma tv. Nope. No, I'm not only after the richie riches. But after going through all the crap that I do with my brother, I just can't imagine going through it with a potential husband.

12) Gives me some alone time when I need it. Whether it be me wanting to read instead of watch tv with you, me wanting to have a girls night out, or me wanting you not to touch me because I'm on my rag. **

13) In the dating phase - respects the fact that I still live at home, and even if I did move out, no I'm not going to live with you before we get married. (Yes, call me old fashioned, but it's my preference) **

Labels: ,

posted by Daphne @ 10:23 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 2:05 AM, Blogger Rosie said…

    On my 25th birthday I made a toast of all the things I wanted and needed in a relationship. Once I thought about it I didn't think I'd ever meet anyone like that who would also happen to, you know, like me back.

    Yeah, I was married before I turned 26. It's good to know what you want I think, or how else do you know what you DON'T want?

    Good list.

     
  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger nath said…

    Nice list :D I do agree with most of it; however, I'm wondering if we're asking for too much?

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Isabel said…

    That's a pretty good list Daph. He's out there somewhere. :)

    I don't think you're asking for too much. I lived at home until I got married. Joey loved it and it didn't bother him.

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger ~ames~ said…

    Excellent list. We matched for 11 of them. :P

    (the ones we don't match are children and religion)

    Super cool!

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Holly said…

    I think that's an excellent list, babe.

    Nath, I don't think you or Daph is asking for too much. It's important to know what you want in a man, and to not settle for less than you deserve. Daph's list isn't unreasonable. She isn't asking for the world, just for a steady man who loves her and shares the same interests as she does. That's a good thing. And I have faith that she (and you) will find what you're looking for..it just might take awhile.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Rosie, Isabel, Holly - thanks guys. your real life stories give me hope. i'm secretly jealous of what you guys have. hehe, but i know you're all right. he's out there somewhere.

    nath, hey there! no, it's not asking for too much. we're good people. why settle for less?

     
  • At 5:16 AM, Blogger nath said…

    Thinking about it, Daphne, you're so right :D Why should we settle for less?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned