Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

What memory makes you smile?
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
I was driving to work today. Typical morning traffic on the freeway. As I was sitting there, I glanced at my rearview mirror and caught a glimpse of a really hot guy wearing sunglasses in a truck. Immediately I started to smile, to the point where I started laughing. Not hysterically but just a little chuckle. Thankfully I had my sunglasses on so I didn't have to face embarassment when he switched lanes later on and moved beside me.

Anyway, for the rest of the ride to work, I kept thinking about this memory I have of the summer after graduating high school. Some of my gal pals from colorguard decided to take a mini trip to San Diego where we have our colorguard summer camp every year, and visit the old squad and new members. We were cruising along the highway, singing to Nsync and Spice girls... when all of a sudden, my friend calls out "dude, look to your right, there's a really hot older guy in a truck next to us." I remember all the girls immediately whipped their heads around, and I was probably the only one too shy and embarassed to look. I heard lots of "woohoos!" and finally curiosity got the better of me. I slowly turned to look, and man oh man, let me tell you, this man was smokin hot. He was wearing sunglasses, but you could just tell he was sexy. His arms were toned, he had a nice tan, and his hair was dark brown, short but still a little wavy and sexy.

I remember like it was yesterday... he must've sensed we were all looking at him because he suddenly looked over. We all gasped in the car, some of us ducking, others giggling. One of the girls lifted her hand up and gave a weak wave. Mr. Sexy then slowly lifted his hand up and waved (one of those up and down movements with his fingers) and gave a very sexy smile back (he must've thought he was the bomb, but shoot I don't blame him). I swear, I remember my heart stopping at that point and I think all the girls were speechless. Finally we lost him due to our lane moving faster. I remember grinning like crazy and practically squealing in excitement.

To this day, this memory is something that always puts a smile on my face. *dreamy sigh*
posted by Daphne @ 10:54 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 5:36 AM, Blogger Mailyn said…

    totally hot men stuck in traffic is a god-send! sadly enough I live in friggin Miami yet I haven't run into any good looking guys in a while.

    I wonder if they left town for the summer. lord knows it's gonna be a scorcher.

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Isabel said…

    I remember my junior year, we were in San Diego for a choir competition. So me and two other girls were on a man hunt.

    One choir group and thee hottest guys in their choir. We were all drooling trying to get their attention. Some waved back at us. Sigh.. That trip was so much fun.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Rowena said…

    No men in Miami? Are you sure? I'm sure that's where they all went! LOL...okay I'm lying because I always see at least three hot guys on the 405 when I'm on my way to work, LOVE HOT GUYS ON THE FREEWAY, but you know what's so funny? I see more hot guys in L.A. on my five minute drive to work then I did when I drove across three states, how odd is that?

    But I remember my sisters and I were taking a mini trip to San Diego for a softball tournament and my sister in law made up a 10 sign and would hold it up to all the hotties and they would all smile and wave at her so she thought she was the bomb, so I being the nifty girl that I am, decided to one up her and make my own sign, it said HONK IF YOU'RE SEXY, I must have waited for like twenty minutes before I spotted the hottest guy I've EVER seen on the freeway, it was somewhere between San Clemente and Laguna Beach but when I saw him in his big black truck and he was wearing sunglasses and a backwards ball cap, I about started drooling all over myself, but please believe I got a smile AND a honk!

    It was so the bomb and dude this was years ago! LOL. How odd how certain things trigger a long lost memory!

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Holly said…

    LMAO! Daph, you crack me up! hehehehe So we didn't corrupt you, huh? You were ALWAYS perverted? That's good to know....LOL

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    See? I KNEW y'all had stories of your own! Doesn't thinking about those memories just make you wanna smile all day?

    And I swear, I was never this perverted before! LOL

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Rowena said…

    Yeah you were always this perverted, Daph...we just brought it out into the open, aint it so much funner this way? LOL.

    And heck yes, I was hecka smiling yesterday when I remembered that memory, I think I still have my HONK IF YOURE SEXY sign at home somewhere...LOL.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned