Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Is it just me or does TV suck now?
Monday, November 06, 2006
What's up with all these lame shows nowadays? Alright, I admit, I don't watch too much tv, and I don't have TiVo or an equivalent. So I'm sure there ARE some great shows out there, but so far the shows that I've caught this season are disappointing.

Specifically I'm talking about Heroes. New show on NBC, looked very interesting at first. Now that it's been a couple of episodes into the season, I'm finding myself more bored each week. First of all, the show to me is like a wannabe Lost. Let's take strangers from all over the world, stick them in life or death situations, and watch them work together to save their lives. Okay, sure it's still pretty different from Lost in that the characters aren't all stuck on one island, and the characters themselves have supernatural characteristics. The reason it doesn't work for me is that there are too many characters, and each episode tries to cram in every character. With Lost, each episode focuses primarily on the background story of one character. I just finished an episode where Mikah (Niki's little boy) showed some power. Ugh, can we NOT?

Second, the tag line "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World." Okay, I think that is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Why would we need to save the cheerleader when it's so hard to kill her? Why not save the flying brothers or the painter guy? Sure they have "powers" but if you shot them, they'd be so dead. The cheerleader doesn't need help!

Third, Hiro's ability to stop time, teleport, etc. Shouldn't that be enough to pretty much solve everything? Shoot, if I had his powers, I'd be doing a lot more than just stopping time to gamble. And speaking of gambling.... why oh why would you manipulate the cards by switching out the opponent's cards? That's how you get caught! If I were Hiro, I would've just manipulated the poker deck so that the flop of cards would be in your favor. *sigh* If his character weren't so dorky and amusing, I probably wouldn't have watched past the first episode.

Okay enough about Heroes. Let's move on to a commercial I saw for this show called Day Break. So this guy lives the same day over and over again trying to prevent all these bad things from happening. Hello! Can we say GroundHog Day? Or better yet, can we say GroundHog Day with Guns? I don't see how that show can last for more than 5 episodes.

Last one... The Nine. Okay, I haven't really seen a full episode, but again... wannabe Lost.

I know I'll probably end up watching Heroes still just because I hate starting something and not finishing. But all the more this makes me not want to start new shows. Reminds me of all the hours I wasted watching soap operas that will never ever get resolved.
posted by Daphne @ 10:21 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Rowena said…

    I stopped watching Heroes, because I can never remember to watch it, I have four shows that I watch religiously and I'm getting bored with one, though I'll leave you guessing as to which one I'm getting bored with...Haha. But, one of my blog friends said that she likes Heroes, as I don't know what's happening on the show, I can't really say, but I thought the same thing you did sweetie on Day Break, how the hell can they make this show keep going without losing the viewers after the 4th show? I don't see it happening.

    Never watched The Nine and I don't think I really wanted too...

    You need to watch Brothers and Sisters on Sunday, One Tree Hill on Wednesdays, Prison Break on Monday and Grey's Anatomy on Thursdays, that's where all the good shows are...;)

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    meh. I don't watch t.v. LOL

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned