Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

That darn trivia game
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
I hate it when people get so huffy online over a game. I'm not even talking about real games that require coordination or team speak over the mic. I'm referring to a trivia game played on discussion forums. When I was a book forum newbie, I remember some people were either nice and patient with me or just straight up rude. One particular incident comes to mind, back in the fall of 2005...

I was new to a particular forum and the ladies were all discussing a certain book of the month. Having just finished the book I decided hey why not join. One of the threads was a trivia game, where each person asks a question specific to the story line (i.e. how old did John Smith say he was? how many days did John and Jane travel in the jungle? etc etc). Sounds like fun right? So Daphne decides to roll up her sleeves and think of a good question from the story. She hits "add message" and waits for the responses.

Ta da! My first response. If I remember correctly it went something along the lines of "wait which part in the book was that? you're jumping around, you're not supposed to do that, we're only on page 25." Okaaaay, am I missing something here? We're supposed to go in ORDER? I clicked back through the history of posts and yup, sure enough, each question was in order from page 1 of the book and so forth. Am I the only one that thinks that is lame-o!? What is the point in asking me a trivia question when I know the answer can be found in the next paragraph or page? Whatever. I don't really care, but whenever I think about that incident I think about how rude some women can be. It's a game for cryin out loud, and it's not a very good game to begin with.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but seriously, I'm still scratching my head over this one. That's not really a trivia game, it's more like... let's recite the whole book page by page. I don't know about you, but I think it's lame.
posted by Daphne @ 12:42 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Rowena said…

    LMAO!

    We both got scolded on that same forum, that was funny! In that same post if I remember correctly...and yeah I thought it was lame, but meh whatever I still played. LOL...I was like, "Whoa, bite my throat out!"

    LMAO.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    People are stupid on those boards sometimes. It's just a game, it's just for fun. bleh.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    I remember that, I was cracking up so hard! LOL

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That IS lame. Annoying too. Why can't they just have fun.
    Rules, rules, rules.
    They are made to be broken.

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay so that's the first time I'm hearing this story. But to funny Daph. ha ha. I could totally picture you thinking how dumb that game is.

    I really get annoyed when there is all kinds of internet drama and stuff. For goodness sake we come here to excape everyday life and have a little fun. Why do people get all up in arms about it. I'll never know.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned