Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Passive - Aggressive Crap
Monday, December 03, 2007

Well I hate to start off my return to blogland (after being M.I.A. for the last two weeks) with a ranting post, but I must get this off my chest. I was supposed to go to Disneyland this past Saturday. Yes, I know I've been there about 5 times already this year but my brother, Doug, was performing that day. He and his gf are on this dance swing team and every year the team performs at the Carnation Plaza at D-land. This was my brother's first D-land performance, so naturally I wanted to come out and support him.

I've known about this D-land trip for about two months now, and my other cousin Kat expressed an interest in going. I don't get to hang out with Kat as much as I'd like to, so I was looking forward to her going. The other friends going were two other couples, so you can imagine how reluctant I'd be to go if Kat bailed out on me. Sure enough, the night before I call Kat to find out she's broke as a joke and is no longer going. Well fine, I figured I could still go anyway, and just hitch a ride from Doug.

So Friday night I'm about to call Doug to ask for a ride, when suddenly I get this text message from him: "Hey can you bring me my jacket tomorrow to D-land?"

Well, spit. Does that mean he thinks I'm going to still drive to D-land by myself and bring him his dang jacket? Seriously. Who does that? Have you ever seen someone drive up to the D-land parking lot by herself? Yah, and let's not forget the ridiculous parking fee (what is it now, $12?) So I give Doug a call immediately:

Me: "Hey."

D: "Yo, did you get my text message?"

Me: "Um yah about that. I don't think I'll be going anymore."

D: "Oh why not?"

Me: "Well Kat isn't going anymore so I don't wanna drive there by myself."

Okay stop for a sec. This is the part where he's supposed to logically say "Well, why don't I just pick you up and you can ride with us?" No. This is what happens next:

D: "Oh. Hmm. Okay. *exasperated sigh* I guess I could swing by the house in the morning and get my jacket."

Me: "Yah just swing by the house. Okay see you in the morning."

So I was pretty much fuming mad after that call. Mad at Doug for being a selfish prick and then mad at myself for being all passive aggressive. I mean, maybe he didn't understand me and thought I didn't wanna be at the park by myself. If I had just blurted out "So can I ride with you or not?" would he have said yes? I feel like it was too late to ask since he was sorta implying that I had to drive myself to bring him his jacket.

Saturday morning. Daphne wakes up extra early at 7, so she can get up and be ready in case Doug changes his mind. I'm sitting in the kitchen with my dad drinking coffee. Doug and his gf come in. He greets us then gets his jacket from his room. Okay, you'd THINK he'd see that I'm still capable of going, but does he offer me a ride? No. Not even a "Hey so are you sure you don't want to go? It would mean a lot to me if you could see our performance." Nope. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Just says okay well see you later and leaves.

So basically I was having one of those days where I was just feeling sorry for myself. Again, it was very passive/aggressive on my part, and I HATE p/a behavior. I get that enough from my staff at work. Oh well, I guess when it comes to my brother, I should set the expectations low. *sigh*

Labels: ,

posted by Daphne @ 8:14 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 5:09 AM, Blogger nath said…

    Okay, so your brother is a bit oblivious, but I think you should have told him you wanted a lift. Me think he thought you didn't want to go anymore...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned