Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Diary of a lonely day at work
Thursday, February 21, 2008
For the second week in a row, I've been working by myself. Last week wasn't so bad since I was at my usual client spot close to my office, and I was still able to come home every night or hang out with friends after work. This week is different. I'm out of town in the desert, staying at a beautiful vacation resort with a 10 minute commute to the client. It's great, don't get me wrong. I can work at my own schedule, eat when I want, play music, and be really efficient in my work.

At least it started out that way. Today is Thursday, and I think I've reached my limit. I've been sitting in this windowless stuffy room all week, eating by myself, and working on stuff that is neither new to me nor challenging. I realized that outside of chat, emails, and a few phone calls, I've had very limited contact with other human beings. I speak to Bill (my client) sometimes, but he's about 60 years old, almost legally deaf (even with his hearing aid), and prefers I shoot him an email instead of speak to him in person (otherwise he has to read my lips as I'm talking). I'm going bloody mad here. Like freakin Shawshank Redemption.

It's going to be another loooong day...

9:22am - Just rolled in to work. Why so late? Because I freakin locked myself out of my hotel room this morning as I was putting some shoes in my car. I know what you're thinking, just walk ten steps to the front desk and get another key. Yes, thank you for pointing that out, I'm not that lazy ya know. I'm staying at a vacation resort remember? So my little "walk" to the front main desk is actually a 10 minute hike up this hill. Had I been in my gym clothes still I woulda just jogged up there like I've been doing all week, but unfortunately I was already in my work clothes and pumps.

9:35am - After booting up my computer and checking emails, I realize I should greet Bill (the client) good morning. I walk over to his office and he's not there. Apparently he's moving to another office so it's going to be awhile before he even gets set up and sees my emails I had sent him last night.

10am - Finished eating my bagel and went to the kitchen to rinse my plate. What's this? Free product makeup samples sitting in boxes? *gets excited* Since none of these say Age Defying on them, I assume none of these old timers need any of this. I steal grab about 6 of them and head back to my desk.

10:41am - Bill walks in with a stack of support. I try to make small talk. *In a loud voice* So... where'd they relocate your office? Bill: Yes I'll be in my office. Do I speak normally or talk slower? No wait, when people read lips you should speak normally right? Me: No, your NEW office. Where did they move you? *as I try to pantomime the entire sentence with my hands* Bill: Ohhh I'm in that corner to the right. Me: Okay thank you *as I nod and smile and silently wait for him to walk out*

11:12am - I'm listening to KFRG online. They're playing Kenny Chesney's new song Shiftwork. If someone were in the room with me I'd say out loud 'Wow, this song is both catchy and extremely corny.' SHITwork? Oh my bad. He said SHIFTwork. Darn.

12:28pm - Sent the client an email hoping they won't throw tomatoes at me for pointing out an error which will make them do more work. Now is a good time to get lunch.

1:26pm - Done with lunch and I'm now stuffing envelopes. Thinking about how I'll have to run by the post office later to get stamps and mail out, and the added side trip I might make to Coffee Bean to get rid of this nasty envelope taste.

2:03pm - There's about 15 people next door gathering for a teleconference. They borrowed every single chair in this room, making this place look even more abandoned and prison like. I now have to close the door to drown out the noise, thus further limiting myself to outside contact with the world.

2:34pm - Finally, some gossip. Natalie is at the office IMing me about having a crush on the guy across her cubicle. I shake my head as I give her advice on how to just simply ask him to join her for lunch one day. And then I realize that I'm one to talk.

2:49pm - On my way to the post office.

3:17pm - I'm back. With 26 additional stamps and a tea latte. Yup, I follow through with my plans. I said Coffee Bean and I meant it.

3:21pm - Joe (other client contact in LA) replied to my email. Whew, no tomatoes. Good to know not all clients yell at me. Guess all my novice style flirting paid off.

4:19pm - Oh. my. Holy. Mother. I found him. I found Greek boy aka Church Crush online. All work must cease at this point.

Labels: , ,

posted by Daphne @ 10:12 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    LMAO!LMAO!LMAO! You freaking crack me up. Dude, I'm so sorry, I should have invited you to lunch today. Silly me. What time are you leaving town tomorrow? I've got a wedding dress fitting at 5:30. Wanna come?

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    When I was a bookkeeper at an RV park I worked in a "back room" of a cinder block building. The room (I'm not kidding) was painted prison grey. Prison grey cinder block with no windows. I'd come out of there at lunch time blinking at the brightness of the sun like I'd been in lockdown.
    TGIF tomorrow.

    So glad you found Greek boy online. The question are you going to flirt or spy on him?

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    4:19pm - Oh. my. Holy. Mother. I found him. I found Greek boy aka Church Crush online. All work must cease at this point.

    LMAO! You are too cute Daph.

     
  • At 4:52 AM, Blogger nath said…

    Poor you, Daphne... want to exchange place? I work in a lab, with lots, lots of annoying ppl.

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Hey Holls - I'm trying to leave around 2 because you know how LA traffic can get on a Friday afternoon. And see, I told you he was cute.

    Rosie - Yes and yes. I spent about 2 hours last night stalking his facebook. LOL

    Izzy - Man you shoulda seen me when I discovered it. I was in shock and denial at first because I seriously could not believe my sherlock holmes skills worked.

    Nath - Haha thanks but no thanks. Unless there's hot guys working in the lab, which I doubt. Hah.

     
  • At 1:34 AM, Blogger Kat said…

    What a fantastic way to end the day. :-D

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger ~ames~ said…

    LMAO!!

    Shoot me an email next time. I'm usually around. :P

    So, did you find this guy on facebook? I love facebook. haha

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Rowena said…

    Dude...Facebook saves lives I swear it! haha....I'm so glad you found Greek Boy sweetie, you're too cute!

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Hey Kat - I know.... totally made my day.

    Ames/Rowena - I know, facebook is addicting. I find out all the dirt on people without even having to click their profile sometimes.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned