Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Idiot boss
Thursday, March 29, 2007
My boss is an idiot. I know I’m not the first to say this, but I just need to get this off my chest. Most of this rant will be very work specific, so apologies if some of this goes over your head. For you fellow auditors, you might get a kick out of this.

So this boss, or “bro” as I like to call him (another story behind that name) is going on his third or fourth year as manager. I’ve never worked with the guy before, but I’ve heard stories about him. Mostly that he’s a nice guy, but lazy as hell. My current client engagement has been out of town and I’ve been out here for the last 6 weeks now. This is my last week of fieldwork, and finally bro decides to show up and start reviewing. I swear, this has never happened to me before, my old manager used to be out in the field with us for at least a week or two. So you’re telling me you’re finally going to review my work, leave me a bunch of review comments, and I have like… 3 more days to finish clearing them? Are you kidding me!

So why hasn’t he come out here before to start reviewing early? “Dude I’ve been so busy, I’m juggling like three different clients right now, I have this comfort letter to issue, blah blah blah.” Okay fine, if you’re busy you’re busy. But seriously, now that I’ve seen this guy’s work habits, it’s no wonder he’s got a lot of shit to do. He’s probably the only person who can turn a 2 hour task into 8 client chargeable hours. Then he has the nerve to complain about our budget, and why the team is putting so many hours into the job. Well excuse me, why don’t you show me our job’s hours charged and let me see how many hours you’ve been charging to the job… because you shouldn’t be charging anything for the last 5 weeks if you never freakin came out here. Surprise surprise, he doesn’t want to show me and my cosenior the hours charged. I bet this moron has been charging hours on this job even though he’s been working on other crap for the last 5 weeks. No wonder our budget is messed up, his chargeable rate is higher than the rest of the team.

So this fool rolls in today at 9:45am. I’m thinking, okay maybe he got up early and worked a little from the hotel. No, he strolls in and admits he just slept in. Hello! It’s flippin busy season, we’re working like 12 hour days, and you show up almost 2 hours later than the rest of the team? He comes in…. spends an hour checking emails and calling his other jobs, then says “so where we going for lunch?” We break for lunch, where I have to listen to him whine about how he’s working 16 hours a day. Yah freakin right, how is that possible when you don’t show up for work until 10am? Then you complain that this job has two seniors, while your other job has no seniors. Well whose fault is that bro? Yours. You’re the manager, it’s your job to appropriately staff your jobs.

Today he spent about 2.5 hours logging in his expense receipts, then at 4pm hands me 3 pages of review comments. “Can you clear up most of these by tomorrow morning before the partner comes out by noon?” Okay, now I’m mad. How dare he not look at my work until now, take forever getting through everything because he’s goofing off, and then expect me to give a quick turnaround. And finally, at the end of the day, around 8pm we’re about to leave, and bro realizes he forgot to send one more email out. So he boots up his computer again, and the file he sends is huge, so we’re sitting there for another good 15 minutes waiting for his dang computer to send the dang email. As we’re packing up, he asks who is joining him for dinner. Well hell no, not me. I said no, I already had some of my leftover pasta from lunch around 6pm. He said “well fine then I’ll just go to a fancy restaurant with so and so and we’ll put your names down so we can spend more.” Okay. N-O. That is just wrong. He has no right to put my name down on that dinner expense if I wasn’t there. I told him this. I said “Bro. Don’t do it. I’m telling you right now, it’s unethical and I don’t want any part of it, you better not put my name down.” What an idiot.

Labels: ,

posted by Daphne @ 8:47 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Kyla Armstrong said…

    Will knew exactly who you were talking about! Ha!

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Your bossman sounds like a total fucktard.

    You guys should report him or something, anything, to get rid of his ass.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned