Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Updates
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Sorry to leave you hanging on my last post about Greek Boy. I got so excited that I spent the rest of the evening pretty much stalking browsing his profile. Let me recap how I found him. Prior to all this, I only knew certain things about GB: his first name, his parents' first names, and that he had tried to join the seminary after college. Not a whole lot of information huh? I don't know what compelled me to do it on Friday, but I just pulled up Google and randomly typed in his first name and the college he went to. I know that sounds crazy, but he went to a relatively small, Catholic college that most people have never heard of. So it's not like I'm searching for a "John from NYU".

I scanned through the search results and surprisingly found a link that displayed a lot of information about him back when he was joining the seminary. I now knew his full name, age, and hobbies, etc. Immediately I click on Ctrl + N (for you newbs, that's the shortcut to open a new window browser) and pull up the Facebook site. I typed in his full name and even though there were several search results, I knew right away his was the first result. He's got some great pictures ranging from childhood through the present, and I almost felt guilty...like I was intruding on his personal life (which is pretty much what I was doing, but hey... not my fault he didn't set proper privacy settings).

Anyway, just judging from his profile, comments from his friends, and what he does for a living, I'm convinced that I'm completely and utterly infatuated with him. He has a set of loyal friends locally, as well as many from across the country. He seems to like the peacefulness and solitude of surrounding himself in nature, and he's very spiritual. I'm pretty sure he's no longer on the path to becoming a priest, and I'm dying to know what made him change his mind. If you ask me, it would be a disservice to all womankind if he did go through with it. And now I'm not just saying that because of his looks. I genuinely believe he would make a great husband/father to some lucky woman. Seeing his devotion to God and the work he does for society, it honestly makes me want to be a better person. Not just in the hopes that I would impress him some day, but more in the sense that I want that kind of peace and happiness in my life. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in having his babies. *wink*

If you're wondering whether or not I'm going to initiate something (i.e. add him as a friend, send him a message) or just keep being a weirdo stalker, well it's sad but true: I'm too chicken to say I will be doing the former. For one thing, he'll wonder how I even found him considering I've never even said hi to him at church. Second, I wouldn't be able to show my face in church again if I got rejected. Third, I doubt he would even know who I am if I messaged him. Eh, I could go on, but you get the point. All I know is, I need to either shut up and initiate something or just move on and get over it.

Labels: ,

posted by Daphne @ 9:40 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Isabel said…

    mina, you have reached internet stalker status. I'm *so* proud. *sniff*


    I think you should try and talk to him at church. Does he do any of the activities with your church? Join them. OR! does his facebook list any places he hangs out. Go there and bump into. Do that do that!!!

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Rowena said…

    Aww sweetie, you're an internet stalker just like me!!! =) Love you mucho grande size and you've got a loyal friend base locally too sweetie, all the friends you need are in Torrance...FOR real! =)

    I'm with Izzy, I think you should try to talk to him at Church or something, get to know him...you can do it Daph, seriously DO IT!

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Okay, I'm old and at an age where I have to be the one to say, "Life's short cookie. You need to talk to this boy!"

    You are too cute for him not to have noticed you at church too. I know from what I speak. Singletons always know who the other singletons are at church. You shuffle in line for eucharist knowing you should be concentrating on receiving the body and blood of Christ and your eyes wander to some attractive guy. It happens. ;)

    Does your church have fellowship after the services? Our 10 a.m. mass always has coffee and sometimes doughnuts after mass on Sundays. Good luck. I'm thinking some candles and a novena are in order.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Izzy/Rowena - Dude, aren't you guys so proud of me? I learned it all from you two. LOL. Seriously though... I clicked on one of the groups he belongs to and I signed up. I have issues.

    Rosie - OMG I about died laughing when I read your comment. I totally feel ya on that shuffling in line and scanning and the pews for a potential hottie. The worst is when Greek Boy gives out communion sometimes. I have to look up into his eyes and say Amen. And then I blush like crazy LOL!

    K the next time he's at mass, I'm going to say hi. Last Sunday he wasn't there but I sat behind his family and I tapped his younger brother on the shoulder to ask if he could pass me a song book. I'll try that again. ;)

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger ~ames~ said…

    Internet stalking is so much fun. I do it all the time-thanks to myspace and facebook.

    I recently found a hottie I worked with years and years ago. Ask Holly, he's a hottie. LOL

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger ~ames~ said…

    Oh, and I did "poke" him...although...hehe I'd rather he poke me. LOL

    Ooook, enough already.

    We do exchange random messages. So maybe take the plunge? Send him a message.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned