Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

Fool Me Twice? Shame on Me!
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
If you ever get the chance to work with me, you'll quickly realize that you can pretty much find out all there is to know about me in two consecutive weeks. That is, if I happen to like you and don't think you're a total douchebag to work with (in which case I won't talk to you at all). See the problem is, I'm very good friends with my boss, Bro. ::Side Note:: The "Bro" comes from an inside joke, and basically we sometimes just call each other Bro. Yes, even though I'm a girl he'll call me bro. Don't ask ::End Side Note:: So naturally he knows a lot about me, including my Benny story, Greek Boy, and office crushes.

A few months ago, I told him about two crushes I had in the office. Not serious crushes, but just like "Dude, I think so and so is good looking." Plus both of them are married anyway. So crush #1 sent Bro a Christmas card and Bro thought it would be funny to paste my head over crush #1's wife and cross out her name, replacing it with "Daphne." I'll have to admit it was funny, and I didn't even protest when he pinned it on the wall above his desk. But I guess we never expected that one day someone had to clean out the conference room and pack up our belongings, prank Christmas card included. I have no idea where that is now, and if another coworker finds it somewhere, I plead the fifth!

Let's move on to crush #2. One day I'm working away, minding my own business. Then Bro IMs me and sends me a word doc that I thought was related to accounting guidance or something. So I open it and Bam! It's a freakin big office badge picture of crush #2 in the middle of my computer screen. Good thing nobody else saw my screen, and yes, it was freakin hilarious, but dammit, he got me good. He even went through the trouble of pulling the pic from the database, pasting it to a word document, and then naming the file something I wouldn't suspect. Either he's really clever or just has too much time on his hands.

So let's fast forward to today. In one of my recent posts, I mentioned my newest favorite homie in the office, British Pete. Well of course I don't keep my mouth shut, so most of that stuff I blogged about, I also told Bro. After all, Bro is the one who scheduled Pete and I on those assignments. So a few weeks ago, Bro, Pete, myself, and some other peeps were working in a conference room. I think I was frustrated about something because at one point I blurted out "Oh for the love of Pete!" It all goes downhill from there. Bro says out loud "For the love of Pete? Don't you mean for the love of God? I've never heard of that before." He then IMs me from across the room...

Bro: "Was that a freudian slip?"

Me: "No, it's an expression. I know I've heard it somewhere."

He then says out loud "You probably meant for the love of Pete [insert Pete's last name]" Umm, He-llooooo! Can you not say that when Pete is sitting right next to me? The whole team just started laughing, including myself, but dang, I was embarrassed. I turned to everyone else in the room, including Pete and asked "Haven't you heard of that expression before?" They all said no (sigh, freakin boys) and basically thought I made a freudian slip as Bro had suggested. ::Side Note:: I later called Holly that evening, who confirmed that she had heard of the phrase before, so take that you dumb boys! ::End Side Note:: The joke then became "Next thing you know Pete will start saying for the love of Daphne!"

So today I'm sitting in the office, being a good worker-bee, when Bro IMs me, sending me a "technical memo" I have to read. Well first his instructions were to drop it in the server (think of like a shared folder that everyone on your team can access). So I really didn't think to open it and read it, since I wanted to save it in the proper file and drop it in our server. I told him I dropped it in, and that probably indicated to him that I hadn't read it. So he IMs again asking me to read it and give him feedback. Well ugh, I didn't really feel like reading a technical memo, but fine whatever, he's the boss. I open it and here's what's inside the word doc....Well, it didn't have the big smiley face, but I didn't want to put up Pete's real pic. Anyway...Freakin A, he got me again! Why do I keep falling for his stupid pranks? I'm going to get him back one of these days.

Labels: , ,

posted by Daphne @ 8:11 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Holly said…

    LMAO!LMAO!LMAO! Dude, I love Bro. Really. hahahaha I can't believe you fell for it again! HAHA!

    Oh, and I asked MM and he said For The Love of Pete is an expression. So take that boys! LOL

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Ames/Sheila - sorry, I accidentally deleted your posts b/c some idiot was spamming me. My bad.

    Freakin idiots. I hate people.

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    LMAO! You deleted their comments? hahahaha

    I hate people, too. Seriously.

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger nath said…

    Poor you!! although it's hard not to fall for it when you think it's for work :) Let see if he can fool you a third time...

    by the way, I just read For the Love of Pete in Dear Santa :P maybe that's where you got it?

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Rosie said…

    Dang, Bro is clever. He does have the upper hand being your boss though. You gotta think of something to get even....you gotta. Then tell us about it! Hahahahah!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Nath- yah see, maybe it's an expression i picked up from all these books i read.

    Rosie- i know, i gotta be two steps ahead of him if i'm gonna play a trick on him. too bad april fools passed, but bro told me he was preparing for me to pull something on him. i'll definitely blog about it if i ever get him back.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned