Daphne's Adventures

 
Daily Doses:
Currently Reading:
Good For My Eyes:

Sydney Opera House
To Name A Few:
Blogs About Books:
Awesome Authors:
Good For My Ears:
When I Have Time:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

24 - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Beauty and the Geek - CW

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lost - ABC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Family Guy - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Simpsons - Fox

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I Love Lucy - Fox

And that's that....
Sunday, April 01, 2007
Just got off the phone with Benny. It's officially over. Let me bring you up to speed for a second. The other night I got home and logged onto myspace. As usual I checked Benny's profile to see if he had any comments from friends about clubbing and partying and such. I looked at his "status" and it said "single." I can't even begin to describe how hurt I was by that. How could he change his status to single when he hasn't spoken to me in over 5 weeks? Well I was basically hurt, humiliated, and saddened by his action. I know I said I wouldn't be the one to reach out to him again, but I could not let him get away with this. Did he just think I was going to see that, and take the hint? So that hopefully he wouldn't have to confront me? No way buster! You better believe that I'm going to have some words with you.

So I sent him a message saying something along the lines of "I'm done with waiting, we need to talk NOW." He called me and I was like "so rumor has it that you're single." He said that it was NOT his intention to put up "single" so that I would see it and think that's how we were ending this. He said "I wanted to see what it looked like." Sooooo I said "Well, it looked pretty shitty from my end of the computer screen." Whatever, that was lame.

The whole conversation I was surprisingly calm, and I told him I didn't want to talk to him so that I could yell or call him names. I'm just glad I was able to say what I wanted to say. I told him what he did was hurtful and disrepectful. I said a lot of other things, and he agreed with everything I said. He said he was sorry for being a jerk, sorry for putting me through all the hurt, etc etc.

In the end, I forgave him. I know I'll get a lot of crap for that from other people, but I truly believe he is sorry, and I'm not the type of person to keep anger inside of me. Forgive, and move on. We also agreed that it was possible for us to be friends (not immediately or anything, but it's not like we're going to completely cut off and block each other on aim, or anything like that). So I feel like this huge weight is lifted off my shoulders.

It's gonna take a long time for the healing process to work on me, but I think I will be fine. I know that I'm an awesome person and I know he's missing out. After five years, it's such a weird feeling. I'm starting over and it's just.... scary. I can only hope that things like this happen for a reason, and I will still be able to get my happy ending.

Labels:

posted by Daphne @ 6:21 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Isabel said…

    That sucks. I'm sorry you had see his page like that. Although his excuse of "I just wanted to see what it looked like." lame. He should've called you and talked you before he did that.

    It is scary getting back out there in the dating world after being with someone so long. Things do happen for a reason. Just remember it's his loss, not yours.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Rowena said…

    Hey sweetie,

    I'm sorry you had to find out the way you did but I'm not sorry that you forgave him, it's not in your nature to hold grudges, that's what sets you apart from a lot of the women out there...it's truly his loss sweets.

    (((Daphne))))

    Bring on the parties, Daphne go on out and have yourself a good time.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Holly said…

    Oh babe. I'm so terribly sorry for you. Having been in a similar situation (starting over after such a long time together) I understand where you are. It won't be easy at all, but if you give yourself enough time to heal you will eventually feel whole again.

    You'll be alright, babe. You're a strong woman.

    Love you!

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Kyla Armstrong said…

    Lame-o! That's what Benny is. Sorry, I had to resort to name calling. You are way to fab to stay single for long and their is a cutie out there just waiting to love him some Daphne!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Who Is Daphne?

Name: Daphne
Home: California, United States
About Me: I love to read, especially romance books. I love to play, especially computer games and puzzles. I love to dance, especially lindy hop. I love my family and friends.
See my complete profile
Blogroll Me!
Other Romance Readers:
Well Hello There

Further Dissection
Other Cool Cats:
Other Obsessions:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

YTMD

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sudoku

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swing Dancing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gaming

Previous Post
Archives
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2005 Daphne's Adventures Template by Isnaini Dot Com and all posts and other content by Daphne unless otherwise mentioned